Memory problem – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear Cemre, </p> <p> It sounds like a strange behaviour of your computer system since the error occurs after such a long runtime. It is a common phenomena that the model crashes without an appropriate error message in case of memory limit exceedance. I do not expect that you exceed the “physical” memory limit of the system. Could you make sure that you use the compute nodes exclusively (not shared) and that you allocate enough memory in your <span class="caps"> SLURM </span> settings? It may be help if you could provide some more information on the domain size and your current <span class="caps"> SLURM </span> settings. </p> <p> With best regards, <br/> Markus </p>

@redc_migration in #95a612c

<p> Dear Cemre, </p> <p> It sounds like a strange behaviour of your computer system since the error occurs after such a long runtime. It is a common phenomena that the model crashes without an appropriate error message in case of memory limit exceedance. I do not expect that you exceed the “physical” memory limit of the system. Could you make sure that you use the compute nodes exclusively (not shared) and that you allocate enough memory in your <span class="caps"> SLURM </span> settings? It may be help if you could provide some more information on the domain size and your current <span class="caps"> SLURM </span> settings. </p> <p> With best regards, <br/> Markus </p>

Dear Cemre,

It sounds like a strange behaviour of your computer system since the error occurs after such a long runtime. It is a common phenomena that the model crashes without an appropriate error message in case of memory limit exceedance. I do not expect that you exceed the “physical” memory limit of the system. Could you make sure that you use the compute nodes exclusively (not shared) and that you allocate enough memory in your SLURM settings? It may be help if you could provide some more information on the domain size and your current SLURM settings.

With best regards,
Markus