NaN values in YUPRMASS etc – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear Vladimir, </p> <p> now I am a little bit confused. </p> <p> I looked into the files you provided with your very first contribution. </p> <p> File cclm_SF_0.12.sh shows the settings of your 0.12 degree simulation, right? <br/> And it contains “lstomata=.TRUE”. <br/> The file <span class="caps"> YUCHKDAT </span> also belongs to this 0.12 degree simulation, doesn’t it? </p> <p> In this <span class="caps"> YUCHKDAT </span> file I see the at the very beginning the checks for the laf-file <br/> /mnt/scratch/users/vplatonov/COSMO- <span class="caps"> CLM </span> /EXPERIMENTS/SanFrancisco/LM_Jan/laf2017011500.nc </p> <p> which contains a <span class="caps"> RSMIN </span> -field. </p> <p> If you now, in a new 0.122 degree <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> run, put lstomata=.FALSE., then <span class="caps"> RSMIN </span> is still in your laf-file, provided you did not re-run INT2LM with lstomata=.FALSE., <br/> but the <span class="caps"> RSMIN </span> field is not read by <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> and the values would not appear in the <span class="caps"> YUCHKDAT </span> file of the new <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> run. </p> <p> And I have furhter hints, which I forgot to mention. <br/> Coming back again to your very first contribution: <br/> The file “ <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> ” shows the INT2LM namelist settings for the further downscaling to your final resolution, right? <br/> In this namelist there are a few mistakes: <br/> group <a href=""> <span class="caps"> CONTRL </span> </a> <br/> - luse_t_skin must be .FALSE., not .TRUE., since <span class="caps"> TSKIN </span> is not provided by a “mother” <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> simulation <br/> - itype_t_cl should be zero, not one </p> <p> group <a href=""> <span class="caps"> GRID </span> _IN </a> <br/> - lushift_in=.TRUE. is o.k.; correctly, it should be lushift=.TRUE.,.FALSE. <br/> but: <br/> - lvshift=.TRUE. is wrong!!! It must be lvshift=.FALSE.,.TRUE. <br/> since the v-component of the wind of your 0.12 degree output is staggered wiht respect to the (rotated) south-north direction and not with respect to the <br/> (rotated) west-east direction as you indicated in your setting </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #7591d26

<p> Dear Vladimir, </p> <p> now I am a little bit confused. </p> <p> I looked into the files you provided with your very first contribution. </p> <p> File cclm_SF_0.12.sh shows the settings of your 0.12 degree simulation, right? <br/> And it contains “lstomata=.TRUE”. <br/> The file <span class="caps"> YUCHKDAT </span> also belongs to this 0.12 degree simulation, doesn’t it? </p> <p> In this <span class="caps"> YUCHKDAT </span> file I see the at the very beginning the checks for the laf-file <br/> /mnt/scratch/users/vplatonov/COSMO- <span class="caps"> CLM </span> /EXPERIMENTS/SanFrancisco/LM_Jan/laf2017011500.nc </p> <p> which contains a <span class="caps"> RSMIN </span> -field. </p> <p> If you now, in a new 0.122 degree <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> run, put lstomata=.FALSE., then <span class="caps"> RSMIN </span> is still in your laf-file, provided you did not re-run INT2LM with lstomata=.FALSE., <br/> but the <span class="caps"> RSMIN </span> field is not read by <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> and the values would not appear in the <span class="caps"> YUCHKDAT </span> file of the new <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> run. </p> <p> And I have furhter hints, which I forgot to mention. <br/> Coming back again to your very first contribution: <br/> The file “ <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> ” shows the INT2LM namelist settings for the further downscaling to your final resolution, right? <br/> In this namelist there are a few mistakes: <br/> group <a href=""> <span class="caps"> CONTRL </span> </a> <br/> - luse_t_skin must be .FALSE., not .TRUE., since <span class="caps"> TSKIN </span> is not provided by a “mother” <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> simulation <br/> - itype_t_cl should be zero, not one </p> <p> group <a href=""> <span class="caps"> GRID </span> _IN </a> <br/> - lushift_in=.TRUE. is o.k.; correctly, it should be lushift=.TRUE.,.FALSE. <br/> but: <br/> - lvshift=.TRUE. is wrong!!! It must be lvshift=.FALSE.,.TRUE. <br/> since the v-component of the wind of your 0.12 degree output is staggered wiht respect to the (rotated) south-north direction and not with respect to the <br/> (rotated) west-east direction as you indicated in your setting </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

Dear Vladimir,

now I am a little bit confused.

I looked into the files you provided with your very first contribution.

File cclm_SF_0.12.sh shows the settings of your 0.12 degree simulation, right?
And it contains “lstomata=.TRUE”.
The file YUCHKDAT also belongs to this 0.12 degree simulation, doesn’t it?

In this YUCHKDAT file I see the at the very beginning the checks for the laf-file
/mnt/scratch/users/vplatonov/COSMO- CLM /EXPERIMENTS/SanFrancisco/LM_Jan/laf2017011500.nc

which contains a RSMIN -field.

If you now, in a new 0.122 degree CCLM run, put lstomata=.FALSE., then RSMIN is still in your laf-file, provided you did not re-run INT2LM with lstomata=.FALSE.,
but the RSMIN field is not read by CCLM and the values would not appear in the YUCHKDAT file of the new CCLM run.

And I have furhter hints, which I forgot to mention.
Coming back again to your very first contribution:
The file “ INPUT ” shows the INT2LM namelist settings for the further downscaling to your final resolution, right?
In this namelist there are a few mistakes:
group CONTRL
- luse_t_skin must be .FALSE., not .TRUE., since TSKIN is not provided by a “mother” CCLM simulation
- itype_t_cl should be zero, not one

group GRID _IN
- lushift_in=.TRUE. is o.k.; correctly, it should be lushift=.TRUE.,.FALSE.
but:
- lvshift=.TRUE. is wrong!!! It must be lvshift=.FALSE.,.TRUE.
since the v-component of the wind of your 0.12 degree output is staggered wiht respect to the (rotated) south-north direction and not with respect to the
(rotated) west-east direction as you indicated in your setting

Hans-Juergen