gfortran vs ifort – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Hi all, </p> <p> my department plans to buy a small Intel-based <span class="caps"> HPC </span> . License fees for the Intel Fortran compiler would be a considerable part of our budget. Thus, has anyone experience with the open-source gfortran + <span class="caps"> MPI </span> in comparison to the Intel ifort + Intel <span class="caps"> MPI </span> ? Since I’ve used the ifort only so far, is <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> - <span class="caps"> CLM </span> even working with open-source tools? </p> <p> Thanks! <br/> Sebastian </p>

@sebastianschubert in #8f8aac3

<p> Hi all, </p> <p> my department plans to buy a small Intel-based <span class="caps"> HPC </span> . License fees for the Intel Fortran compiler would be a considerable part of our budget. Thus, has anyone experience with the open-source gfortran + <span class="caps"> MPI </span> in comparison to the Intel ifort + Intel <span class="caps"> MPI </span> ? Since I’ve used the ifort only so far, is <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> - <span class="caps"> CLM </span> even working with open-source tools? </p> <p> Thanks! <br/> Sebastian </p>

gfortran vs ifort

Hi all,

my department plans to buy a small Intel-based HPC . License fees for the Intel Fortran compiler would be a considerable part of our budget. Thus, has anyone experience with the open-source gfortran + MPI in comparison to the Intel ifort + Intel MPI ? Since I’ve used the ifort only so far, is COSMO - CLM even working with open-source tools?

Thanks!
Sebastian

View in channel