gribout ERROR plev for interpolation above model top – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear all </p> <p> When running simulations with <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> on a 0.025° resolution grid (~2.8 km) I have encountered the same issue described here. In my case, the output of the running jobs yields no warning message referring to the violation of the <span class="caps"> CFL </span> criterion. Nonetheless the same NaN values in the <span class="caps"> YUPRMASS </span> file appear. </p> <p> I have tried reducing the time step of the model up to 5 seconds, but this won’t make any difference. Besides, I have tried to choose a different set of pressure levels to interpolate to, with, obviously a lower highest pressure level, but this neither has an impact on my simulations. </p> <p> Does anybody else know of a different solution? I was thinking in increasing the number of model levels since I think this could interfere with the fact that I have anomalously big values of wind speed in my simulations. </p> <p> Any help would be appreciated. </p> <p> With kind regards </p> <p> Alberto </p> <p> PS I attach the output of my model runs </p>

@albertocaldas-alvarez in #c6c3473

<p> Dear all </p> <p> When running simulations with <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> on a 0.025° resolution grid (~2.8 km) I have encountered the same issue described here. In my case, the output of the running jobs yields no warning message referring to the violation of the <span class="caps"> CFL </span> criterion. Nonetheless the same NaN values in the <span class="caps"> YUPRMASS </span> file appear. </p> <p> I have tried reducing the time step of the model up to 5 seconds, but this won’t make any difference. Besides, I have tried to choose a different set of pressure levels to interpolate to, with, obviously a lower highest pressure level, but this neither has an impact on my simulations. </p> <p> Does anybody else know of a different solution? I was thinking in increasing the number of model levels since I think this could interfere with the fact that I have anomalously big values of wind speed in my simulations. </p> <p> Any help would be appreciated. </p> <p> With kind regards </p> <p> Alberto </p> <p> PS I attach the output of my model runs </p>

Dear all

When running simulations with CCLM on a 0.025° resolution grid (~2.8 km) I have encountered the same issue described here. In my case, the output of the running jobs yields no warning message referring to the violation of the CFL criterion. Nonetheless the same NaN values in the YUPRMASS file appear.

I have tried reducing the time step of the model up to 5 seconds, but this won’t make any difference. Besides, I have tried to choose a different set of pressure levels to interpolate to, with, obviously a lower highest pressure level, but this neither has an impact on my simulations.

Does anybody else know of a different solution? I was thinking in increasing the number of model levels since I think this could interfere with the fact that I have anomalously big values of wind speed in my simulations.

Any help would be appreciated.

With kind regards

Alberto

PS I attach the output of my model runs