gribout ERROR plev for interpolation above model top – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear colleagues, I have faced the same problem recently. I have done the nesting simulation (cclm-to-cclm) from 0.165 to 0.025 resolution. After 1 day it crashes with the error ‘plev for interpolation above model top’ (see slurm-1151761.out). I have mentioned the NaN values in YU* files before crash. According to your advice about <span class="caps"> CFL </span> -criterion, I have adopted the dt parameter (by decreasing it at first to 30 and then to 20), but it didn’t change the result. Besides, this simulation is associated with extreme winds (up to 30-40 m/s near surface). Maybe, it could also affect these results? Could you give any suggestions about many namelists parameters or something other? <br/> I’m attaching also YU* files, output in point (M_Teriberka) and script (cclm5_arctic_nest_modified.sh). <br/> Thank you for any hints. </p>

@vladimirplatonov in #9cd02d5

<p> Dear colleagues, I have faced the same problem recently. I have done the nesting simulation (cclm-to-cclm) from 0.165 to 0.025 resolution. After 1 day it crashes with the error ‘plev for interpolation above model top’ (see slurm-1151761.out). I have mentioned the NaN values in YU* files before crash. According to your advice about <span class="caps"> CFL </span> -criterion, I have adopted the dt parameter (by decreasing it at first to 30 and then to 20), but it didn’t change the result. Besides, this simulation is associated with extreme winds (up to 30-40 m/s near surface). Maybe, it could also affect these results? Could you give any suggestions about many namelists parameters or something other? <br/> I’m attaching also YU* files, output in point (M_Teriberka) and script (cclm5_arctic_nest_modified.sh). <br/> Thank you for any hints. </p>

Dear colleagues, I have faced the same problem recently. I have done the nesting simulation (cclm-to-cclm) from 0.165 to 0.025 resolution. After 1 day it crashes with the error ‘plev for interpolation above model top’ (see slurm-1151761.out). I have mentioned the NaN values in YU* files before crash. According to your advice about CFL -criterion, I have adopted the dt parameter (by decreasing it at first to 30 and then to 20), but it didn’t change the result. Besides, this simulation is associated with extreme winds (up to 30-40 m/s near surface). Maybe, it could also affect these results? Could you give any suggestions about many namelists parameters or something other?
I’m attaching also YU* files, output in point (M_Teriberka) and script (cclm5_arctic_nest_modified.sh).
Thank you for any hints.