CCLM for Middle East with ERA Interim – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear experts! <br/> I have performed a 2 year experiment with <span class="caps"> ERA </span> Interim driving data using two (50 km and 12 km) nested domains over the eastern Mediterranean region. The results appear reasonable to me except for the annual monthly… precipitation amounts which are about 50% lower than those observed. A positive T2m bias may also be indicated. The run has been performed using cclm 4.08_clm19 and the standard settings which are possibly are optimal for midlatitudes but are less appropriate for the subtropical area. What would be your recommendations on the subject? Which changes of the tuning parameters may help? <br/> Regards, Simon </p>

@redc_migration in #44631bf

<p> Dear experts! <br/> I have performed a 2 year experiment with <span class="caps"> ERA </span> Interim driving data using two (50 km and 12 km) nested domains over the eastern Mediterranean region. The results appear reasonable to me except for the annual monthly… precipitation amounts which are about 50% lower than those observed. A positive T2m bias may also be indicated. The run has been performed using cclm 4.08_clm19 and the standard settings which are possibly are optimal for midlatitudes but are less appropriate for the subtropical area. What would be your recommendations on the subject? Which changes of the tuning parameters may help? <br/> Regards, Simon </p>

Dear experts!
I have performed a 2 year experiment with ERA Interim driving data using two (50 km and 12 km) nested domains over the eastern Mediterranean region. The results appear reasonable to me except for the annual monthly… precipitation amounts which are about 50% lower than those observed. A positive T2m bias may also be indicated. The run has been performed using cclm 4.08_clm19 and the standard settings which are possibly are optimal for midlatitudes but are less appropriate for the subtropical area. What would be your recommendations on the subject? Which changes of the tuning parameters may help?
Regards, Simon