CCLM for Middle East with ERA Interim – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Hi Hans-Juergen, </p> <p> I want to follow your recommendation and re-run my expertiment with different values for height of the model domain, <br/> number of vertical levels, and the thickness of the lowest level. Which namelist parameters are to be changed to do it? </p> <p> By the way, is there a way for running the model without defining vcoord_d values explicitly. <br/> What should I do to run the model with ke_tot = 56 and the highest level is located higher than the data from driving model? </p> <p> And also please let me know if there is a way for changing the </p> <p> entrpen <br/> entrmid <br/> and other parameters in Tiedtke convection scheme without recompiling the code. </p> <p> How sensitive the model results (precipitation) may be to such changes? </p> <p> Thanks, Simon </p>

@redc_migration in #3ec3cd5

<p> Hi Hans-Juergen, </p> <p> I want to follow your recommendation and re-run my expertiment with different values for height of the model domain, <br/> number of vertical levels, and the thickness of the lowest level. Which namelist parameters are to be changed to do it? </p> <p> By the way, is there a way for running the model without defining vcoord_d values explicitly. <br/> What should I do to run the model with ke_tot = 56 and the highest level is located higher than the data from driving model? </p> <p> And also please let me know if there is a way for changing the </p> <p> entrpen <br/> entrmid <br/> and other parameters in Tiedtke convection scheme without recompiling the code. </p> <p> How sensitive the model results (precipitation) may be to such changes? </p> <p> Thanks, Simon </p>

Hi Hans-Juergen,

I want to follow your recommendation and re-run my expertiment with different values for height of the model domain,
number of vertical levels, and the thickness of the lowest level. Which namelist parameters are to be changed to do it?

By the way, is there a way for running the model without defining vcoord_d values explicitly.
What should I do to run the model with ke_tot = 56 and the highest level is located higher than the data from driving model?

And also please let me know if there is a way for changing the

entrpen
entrmid
and other parameters in Tiedtke convection scheme without recompiling the code.

How sensitive the model results (precipitation) may be to such changes?

Thanks, Simon