CCLM for Middle East with ERA Interim – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear coleagues, dear Hans-Juergen, </p> <p> I tried to follow your recommendation to increase the top level of the atmosphere in my experient with <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> 5.0 (starter package 1.4) with 40 model levels defined (I think) in accordance with the earlier sent by Hand-Juergen list of values for vccord_d. <br/> This has not worked and lead to a NaN value for pressure at the highest model level. <br/> My attempt to delete the highest level (i.e to run the model with 39 level instead of 40) has also failed – the code complains about attempting to interpolate above the model top. <br/> Indeed, I have not found any parameter explicitly defining the pressure at model top. This is probably the cause of my mistake. <br/> Please tell me may be done to solve my problem. <br/> Please see some files with results of the runs attached. <br/> Kind regards <br/> Simon </p>

@redc_migration in #186184b

<p> Dear coleagues, dear Hans-Juergen, </p> <p> I tried to follow your recommendation to increase the top level of the atmosphere in my experient with <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> 5.0 (starter package 1.4) with 40 model levels defined (I think) in accordance with the earlier sent by Hand-Juergen list of values for vccord_d. <br/> This has not worked and lead to a NaN value for pressure at the highest model level. <br/> My attempt to delete the highest level (i.e to run the model with 39 level instead of 40) has also failed – the code complains about attempting to interpolate above the model top. <br/> Indeed, I have not found any parameter explicitly defining the pressure at model top. This is probably the cause of my mistake. <br/> Please tell me may be done to solve my problem. <br/> Please see some files with results of the runs attached. <br/> Kind regards <br/> Simon </p>

Dear coleagues, dear Hans-Juergen,

I tried to follow your recommendation to increase the top level of the atmosphere in my experient with COSMO 5.0 (starter package 1.4) with 40 model levels defined (I think) in accordance with the earlier sent by Hand-Juergen list of values for vccord_d.
This has not worked and lead to a NaN value for pressure at the highest model level.
My attempt to delete the highest level (i.e to run the model with 39 level instead of 40) has also failed – the code complains about attempting to interpolate above the model top.
Indeed, I have not found any parameter explicitly defining the pressure at model top. This is probably the cause of my mistake.
Please tell me may be done to solve my problem.
Please see some files with results of the runs attached.
Kind regards
Simon