Coriolis Force in ideal test cases – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Hi everybody, </p> <p> I’m doing some basic tests for my master’s thesis. I set up an ideal test domain with the following <span class="caps"> LMGRID </span> -settings: </p> <p> dlon=0.088, <br/> dlat=0.088, <br/> startlon_tot=-1.936, <br/> startlat_tot=-2.376, <br/> pollon=-177.0, <br/> pollat=50.0, <br/> (calculated following the instructions in “New implementation of idealized cases in the Cosmo-model, starting from versiopn 4.16) </p> <p> additionally I set an inflow of: <br/> u_infty=-20, <br/> itype_anaprof_uv=4, </p> <p> So this is just a north-south flow. <br/> The output shows a deflection to the left, but it is in the northern hemisphere. <br/> What am I doing wrong? </p> <p> Thanks in advance <br/> Ben </p>

@redc_migration in #703570d

<p> Hi everybody, </p> <p> I’m doing some basic tests for my master’s thesis. I set up an ideal test domain with the following <span class="caps"> LMGRID </span> -settings: </p> <p> dlon=0.088, <br/> dlat=0.088, <br/> startlon_tot=-1.936, <br/> startlat_tot=-2.376, <br/> pollon=-177.0, <br/> pollat=50.0, <br/> (calculated following the instructions in “New implementation of idealized cases in the Cosmo-model, starting from versiopn 4.16) </p> <p> additionally I set an inflow of: <br/> u_infty=-20, <br/> itype_anaprof_uv=4, </p> <p> So this is just a north-south flow. <br/> The output shows a deflection to the left, but it is in the northern hemisphere. <br/> What am I doing wrong? </p> <p> Thanks in advance <br/> Ben </p>

Coriolis Force in ideal test cases

Hi everybody,

I’m doing some basic tests for my master’s thesis. I set up an ideal test domain with the following LMGRID -settings:

dlon=0.088,
dlat=0.088,
startlon_tot=-1.936,
startlat_tot=-2.376,
pollon=-177.0,
pollat=50.0,
(calculated following the instructions in “New implementation of idealized cases in the Cosmo-model, starting from versiopn 4.16)

additionally I set an inflow of:
u_infty=-20,
itype_anaprof_uv=4,

So this is just a north-south flow.
The output shows a deflection to the left, but it is in the northern hemisphere.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Ben

View in channel