Error due to namelist in PHYCTL group – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear all, <br/> I am using cclm version cclm5_clm8 and the adopted configuration of MeteoSwiss. During run execution an error occurred due to <span class="caps"> PHYCTL </span> . I have removed the namelist that are no longer valid for version 5.0. Still there are some differences I cannot figure out so that it does not run. (Attached are the <span class="caps"> YUSPECIF </span> , cclmlog and <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> _PHY files). Does anybody have a suggestion for correcting on what might be wrong. <br/> Thank you very much. <br/> Best regards, <br/> Merja </p>

@merjatölle in #6e09944

<p> Dear all, <br/> I am using cclm version cclm5_clm8 and the adopted configuration of MeteoSwiss. During run execution an error occurred due to <span class="caps"> PHYCTL </span> . I have removed the namelist that are no longer valid for version 5.0. Still there are some differences I cannot figure out so that it does not run. (Attached are the <span class="caps"> YUSPECIF </span> , cclmlog and <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> _PHY files). Does anybody have a suggestion for correcting on what might be wrong. <br/> Thank you very much. <br/> Best regards, <br/> Merja </p>

Error due to namelist in PHYCTL group

Dear all,
I am using cclm version cclm5_clm8 and the adopted configuration of MeteoSwiss. During run execution an error occurred due to PHYCTL . I have removed the namelist that are no longer valid for version 5.0. Still there are some differences I cannot figure out so that it does not run. (Attached are the YUSPECIF , cclmlog and INPUT _PHY files). Does anybody have a suggestion for correcting on what might be wrong.
Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Merja

View in channel
<p> Hello Merja, <br/> I tested your <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> _PHY with our <span class="caps"> NWP </span> versions 5.00 and 5.01, and it is ok: there are no problems. <br/> One thing I see: Some compilers have problems with too many comments (“!”) in the namelist groups. Try to remove all these ! signs </p> <p> Uli </p>

@ulrichschättler in #1c400b7

<p> Hello Merja, <br/> I tested your <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> _PHY with our <span class="caps"> NWP </span> versions 5.00 and 5.01, and it is ok: there are no problems. <br/> One thing I see: Some compilers have problems with too many comments (“!”) in the namelist groups. Try to remove all these ! signs </p> <p> Uli </p>

Hello Merja,
I tested your INPUT _PHY with our NWP versions 5.00 and 5.01, and it is ok: there are no problems.
One thing I see: Some compilers have problems with too many comments (“!”) in the namelist groups. Try to remove all these ! signs

Uli

<p> Thank you for your advice. I removed all of the comments. Still the simulations stopps with reading the <span class="caps"> PHYCTL </span> group with the following error: </p> <p> 281: <strong> —————————————————————————————— </strong> <br/> 281: * <span class="caps"> PROGRAM </span> <span class="caps"> TERMINATED </span> <span class="caps"> BECAUSE </span> OF <span class="caps"> ERRORS </span> DETECTED <br/> 281: * IN <span class="caps"> ROUTINE </span> : organize_physics: input <br/> 281: * <br/> 281: * <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> <span class="caps"> CODE </span> is 2103 <br/> 281: * <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> *** while reading <span class="caps"> NAMELIST </span> Group /PHYCTL/ *** <br/> 281: <strong> —————————————————————————————— </strong> </p> <p> Then I reduced the namelist of the <span class="caps"> PHYCTL </span> group and that works! Do you think the namelist configuration really differs from the previous one? Do you see any major changes of the new reduced namelist version? </p> <p> Here is the reduced version of <span class="caps"> PHYCTL </span> : <br/> &amp;PHYCTL lseaice = .FALSE., lgsp = .TRUE., itype_gscp = 4, lrad = .TRUE., hincrad = 0.25, ico2_rad = 2, ltur = .TRUE., ninctura = 1, lexpcor=.FALSE., ltmpcor=.FALSE., lprfcor=.FALSE., lnonloc=.FALSE., lcpfluc=.FALSE., lconf_avg=.TRUE., itype_turb = 3, !SW1 3 ! itype_root = 1, ! itype_heatcond = 1, imode_turb = 1, itype_tran = 2, imode_tran = 1, icldm_rad = 4, icldm_tran = 0, itype_synd = 1, lsoil = .TRUE., itype_evsl = 2, itype_trvg = 2, lmulti_layer = .TRUE., itype_albedo=@{ITYPE_ALBEDO}, itype_aerosol=@{ITYPE_AEROSOL}, lforest = <code> {LFOREST}, ke_soil = </code> {KE_SOIL}, czml_soil=@{CZML_SOIL}, llake=@{LLAKE}, lconv = .TRUE., nincconv = 4, lcape = .FALSE., itype_conv=2, lforest=.TRUE., lsso=.FALSE., nradcoarse = 1, lradf_avg = .FALSE., lconv_inst = .FALSE., limpltkediff = .TRUE., ltkesso = .TRUE., <br/> ! lturhor = .FALSE., <br/> ! lradtopo = .FALSE., icldm_turb=, ltkecon=FALSE, itype_sher=1 <br/> /END </p>

@merjatölle in #1c95e70

<p> Thank you for your advice. I removed all of the comments. Still the simulations stopps with reading the <span class="caps"> PHYCTL </span> group with the following error: </p> <p> 281: <strong> —————————————————————————————— </strong> <br/> 281: * <span class="caps"> PROGRAM </span> <span class="caps"> TERMINATED </span> <span class="caps"> BECAUSE </span> OF <span class="caps"> ERRORS </span> DETECTED <br/> 281: * IN <span class="caps"> ROUTINE </span> : organize_physics: input <br/> 281: * <br/> 281: * <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> <span class="caps"> CODE </span> is 2103 <br/> 281: * <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> *** while reading <span class="caps"> NAMELIST </span> Group /PHYCTL/ *** <br/> 281: <strong> —————————————————————————————— </strong> </p> <p> Then I reduced the namelist of the <span class="caps"> PHYCTL </span> group and that works! Do you think the namelist configuration really differs from the previous one? Do you see any major changes of the new reduced namelist version? </p> <p> Here is the reduced version of <span class="caps"> PHYCTL </span> : <br/> &amp;PHYCTL lseaice = .FALSE., lgsp = .TRUE., itype_gscp = 4, lrad = .TRUE., hincrad = 0.25, ico2_rad = 2, ltur = .TRUE., ninctura = 1, lexpcor=.FALSE., ltmpcor=.FALSE., lprfcor=.FALSE., lnonloc=.FALSE., lcpfluc=.FALSE., lconf_avg=.TRUE., itype_turb = 3, !SW1 3 ! itype_root = 1, ! itype_heatcond = 1, imode_turb = 1, itype_tran = 2, imode_tran = 1, icldm_rad = 4, icldm_tran = 0, itype_synd = 1, lsoil = .TRUE., itype_evsl = 2, itype_trvg = 2, lmulti_layer = .TRUE., itype_albedo=@{ITYPE_ALBEDO}, itype_aerosol=@{ITYPE_AEROSOL}, lforest = <code> {LFOREST}, ke_soil = </code> {KE_SOIL}, czml_soil=@{CZML_SOIL}, llake=@{LLAKE}, lconv = .TRUE., nincconv = 4, lcape = .FALSE., itype_conv=2, lforest=.TRUE., lsso=.FALSE., nradcoarse = 1, lradf_avg = .FALSE., lconv_inst = .FALSE., limpltkediff = .TRUE., ltkesso = .TRUE., <br/> ! lturhor = .FALSE., <br/> ! lradtopo = .FALSE., icldm_turb=, ltkecon=FALSE, itype_sher=1 <br/> /END </p>

Thank you for your advice. I removed all of the comments. Still the simulations stopps with reading the PHYCTL group with the following error:

281: ——————————————————————————————
281: * PROGRAM TERMINATED BECAUSE OF ERRORS DETECTED
281: * IN ROUTINE : organize_physics: input
281: *
281: * ERROR CODE is 2103
281: * ERROR *** while reading NAMELIST Group /PHYCTL/ ***
281: ——————————————————————————————

Then I reduced the namelist of the PHYCTL group and that works! Do you think the namelist configuration really differs from the previous one? Do you see any major changes of the new reduced namelist version?

Here is the reduced version of PHYCTL :
&PHYCTL lseaice = .FALSE., lgsp = .TRUE., itype_gscp = 4, lrad = .TRUE., hincrad = 0.25, ico2_rad = 2, ltur = .TRUE., ninctura = 1, lexpcor=.FALSE., ltmpcor=.FALSE., lprfcor=.FALSE., lnonloc=.FALSE., lcpfluc=.FALSE., lconf_avg=.TRUE., itype_turb = 3, !SW1 3 ! itype_root = 1, ! itype_heatcond = 1, imode_turb = 1, itype_tran = 2, imode_tran = 1, icldm_rad = 4, icldm_tran = 0, itype_synd = 1, lsoil = .TRUE., itype_evsl = 2, itype_trvg = 2, lmulti_layer = .TRUE., itype_albedo=@{ITYPE_ALBEDO}, itype_aerosol=@{ITYPE_AEROSOL}, lforest = {LFOREST}, ke_soil = {KE_SOIL}, czml_soil=@{CZML_SOIL}, llake=@{LLAKE}, lconv = .TRUE., nincconv = 4, lcape = .FALSE., itype_conv=2, lforest=.TRUE., lsso=.FALSE., nradcoarse = 1, lradf_avg = .FALSE., lconv_inst = .FALSE., limpltkediff = .TRUE., ltkesso = .TRUE.,
! lturhor = .FALSE.,
! lradtopo = .FALSE., icldm_turb=, ltkecon=FALSE, itype_sher=1
/END

<p> Look into your old, long namelsit. </p> <p> There you find: </p> itype_sher=1,, <p> I am not sure whether this “double comma” will be interpreted correctly. <br/> I guess it is the reason for your problem. </p> <p> Hans-Jürgen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #5e15639

<p> Look into your old, long namelsit. </p> <p> There you find: </p> itype_sher=1,, <p> I am not sure whether this “double comma” will be interpreted correctly. <br/> I guess it is the reason for your problem. </p> <p> Hans-Jürgen </p>

Look into your old, long namelsit.

There you find:

itype_sher=1,,

I am not sure whether this “double comma” will be interpreted correctly.
I guess it is the reason for your problem.

Hans-Jürgen

<p> Yes, you found it. The error occurred just because of this useless comma. So I keep the long version of <span class="caps"> PHYCTL </span> . Thanks a lot. Merja </p>

@merjatölle in #0c3187c

<p> Yes, you found it. The error occurred just because of this useless comma. So I keep the long version of <span class="caps"> PHYCTL </span> . Thanks a lot. Merja </p>

Yes, you found it. The error occurred just because of this useless comma. So I keep the long version of PHYCTL . Thanks a lot. Merja