installing an older model version (cclm 4.8) on mistral – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> In your previous posts you asked for the <span class="caps"> GRIB </span> -lib, because, as I assume, you realized that <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> _4-8 needs it. <br/> I provided you with the information where to find a <span class="caps"> GRIB </span> -lib version working on <span class="caps"> MISTRAL </span> . </p> <p> So, why didn’t you use it? </p> <p> Don’t tell me “because it is not included in the recommended Fopts version for <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> ”. </p> <p> This version also tells you at the very beginning that it is “preliminary” and that you have to adapt it “to your needs”. <br/> And you find a line telling you unequivocally that it prepared for the definition of the <span class="caps"> GRIB </span> -Lib. </p> <p> The Fopts version you used seems to be part of a recent version of the starter package that applies <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> _5-8-9. <br/> In <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> _5-8-x, (x=1,….,9) <span class="caps"> GRIB </span> -Lib can still be used, but the usage has to be defined explicitly in the compiler-flags ( <span class="caps"> CPPFLAGS </span> ) as the conditional option “- <span class="caps"> DGRIB </span> ”, similar to “- <span class="caps"> DNETCDF </span> ” for the <br/> usage of NetCDF. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #fb8d4f9

<p> In your previous posts you asked for the <span class="caps"> GRIB </span> -lib, because, as I assume, you realized that <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> _4-8 needs it. <br/> I provided you with the information where to find a <span class="caps"> GRIB </span> -lib version working on <span class="caps"> MISTRAL </span> . </p> <p> So, why didn’t you use it? </p> <p> Don’t tell me “because it is not included in the recommended Fopts version for <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> ”. </p> <p> This version also tells you at the very beginning that it is “preliminary” and that you have to adapt it “to your needs”. <br/> And you find a line telling you unequivocally that it prepared for the definition of the <span class="caps"> GRIB </span> -Lib. </p> <p> The Fopts version you used seems to be part of a recent version of the starter package that applies <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> _5-8-9. <br/> In <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> _5-8-x, (x=1,….,9) <span class="caps"> GRIB </span> -Lib can still be used, but the usage has to be defined explicitly in the compiler-flags ( <span class="caps"> CPPFLAGS </span> ) as the conditional option “- <span class="caps"> DGRIB </span> ”, similar to “- <span class="caps"> DNETCDF </span> ” for the <br/> usage of NetCDF. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

In your previous posts you asked for the GRIB -lib, because, as I assume, you realized that CCLM _4-8 needs it.
I provided you with the information where to find a GRIB -lib version working on MISTRAL .

So, why didn’t you use it?

Don’t tell me “because it is not included in the recommended Fopts version for CCLM ”.

This version also tells you at the very beginning that it is “preliminary” and that you have to adapt it “to your needs”.
And you find a line telling you unequivocally that it prepared for the definition of the GRIB -Lib.

The Fopts version you used seems to be part of a recent version of the starter package that applies CCLM _5-8-9.
In CCLM _5-8-x, (x=1,….,9) GRIB -Lib can still be used, but the usage has to be defined explicitly in the compiler-flags ( CPPFLAGS ) as the conditional option “- DGRIB ”, similar to “- DNETCDF ” for the
usage of NetCDF.

Hans-Juergen