nocturnal boundary layer problem simulations – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Hans-Juergen Panitz wrote: <br/> &gt; Which model version are you using? What are the values of tuning parameters tkhmin and tkmmin? <br/> &gt; In older versions the minimum value for both parameters was 1., which was too high for nocturnal conditions (see the paper above). <br/> &gt; In more recent versions of the model you can choose smaller values. <br/> &gt; For more “expert” opinions, please contact Mathias Raschendorfer and/or Michael Baldauf from <span class="caps"> DWD </span> . </p> <p> Dear Hans-Juergen, </p> <p> I’m using version 5.0_clm6, with itype_turb = 3, and I’ve tried values of tkhmin and tkmmin both set to 0.4 or 0.1,and haven’t seen significant difference between (in nocturnal temperatures modelling). <br/> Now I will try to apply tuning parameters, obtained from the article you’ve advised me – thank you for this link! </p> <p> And do you (or anybody here) know, is this problem common for other possibilities of itype_turb? </p>

@mikhailvarentsov in #dbbc7c7

<p> Hans-Juergen Panitz wrote: <br/> &gt; Which model version are you using? What are the values of tuning parameters tkhmin and tkmmin? <br/> &gt; In older versions the minimum value for both parameters was 1., which was too high for nocturnal conditions (see the paper above). <br/> &gt; In more recent versions of the model you can choose smaller values. <br/> &gt; For more “expert” opinions, please contact Mathias Raschendorfer and/or Michael Baldauf from <span class="caps"> DWD </span> . </p> <p> Dear Hans-Juergen, </p> <p> I’m using version 5.0_clm6, with itype_turb = 3, and I’ve tried values of tkhmin and tkmmin both set to 0.4 or 0.1,and haven’t seen significant difference between (in nocturnal temperatures modelling). <br/> Now I will try to apply tuning parameters, obtained from the article you’ve advised me – thank you for this link! </p> <p> And do you (or anybody here) know, is this problem common for other possibilities of itype_turb? </p>

Hans-Juergen Panitz wrote:
> Which model version are you using? What are the values of tuning parameters tkhmin and tkmmin?
> In older versions the minimum value for both parameters was 1., which was too high for nocturnal conditions (see the paper above).
> In more recent versions of the model you can choose smaller values.
> For more “expert” opinions, please contact Mathias Raschendorfer and/or Michael Baldauf from DWD .

Dear Hans-Juergen,

I’m using version 5.0_clm6, with itype_turb = 3, and I’ve tried values of tkhmin and tkmmin both set to 0.4 or 0.1,and haven’t seen significant difference between (in nocturnal temperatures modelling).
Now I will try to apply tuning parameters, obtained from the article you’ve advised me – thank you for this link!

And do you (or anybody here) know, is this problem common for other possibilities of itype_turb?