Wrong LHFL_S calculation in the case of sublimation – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Hi Stefan, </p> <p> thanks for this info, since I am using a separate sea-ice module, I haven’t noticed this error in the code. But you are absolutely right. </p> <p> But I think in case of lake/sea-ice the latent heat of vapourisation and of fusion needs to be added (if I am not missing the fact that lh_v is somewhere integrated in qvsflx or lhfl_s already, then ignore this comment): </p> <p> <code> lhfl_s(i,j) = lhfl_s(i,j) + (lh_f+lh_v) * qvsflx(i,j) </code> </p> <p> at least this is what I am using in the separate sea-ice module. </p>

@redc_migration in #9cb404e

<p> Hi Stefan, </p> <p> thanks for this info, since I am using a separate sea-ice module, I haven’t noticed this error in the code. But you are absolutely right. </p> <p> But I think in case of lake/sea-ice the latent heat of vapourisation and of fusion needs to be added (if I am not missing the fact that lh_v is somewhere integrated in qvsflx or lhfl_s already, then ignore this comment): </p> <p> <code> lhfl_s(i,j) = lhfl_s(i,j) + (lh_f+lh_v) * qvsflx(i,j) </code> </p> <p> at least this is what I am using in the separate sea-ice module. </p>

Hi Stefan,

thanks for this info, since I am using a separate sea-ice module, I haven’t noticed this error in the code. But you are absolutely right.

But I think in case of lake/sea-ice the latent heat of vapourisation and of fusion needs to be added (if I am not missing the fact that lh_v is somewhere integrated in qvsflx or lhfl_s already, then ignore this comment):

lhfl_s(i,j) = lhfl_s(i,j) + (lh_f+lh_v) * qvsflx(i,j)

at least this is what I am using in the separate sea-ice module.