wrong clm output on mistral – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Hi David, </p> <p> sorry for the late answer. </p> <p> Already some weeks ago, I repeated a decadal simulations for Africa on <span class="caps"> MISTRAL </span> , which I also performed on <span class="caps"> BLIZZARD </span> within the <span class="caps"> MIKLIP </span> project. <br/> I could (and can) not see any stripes in the results. <br/> But I did not use the <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> _4.8_clm17 version, but a more recent one (4.21_clm2, which is not available via the redmine! I also don’ see them when using <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> _5.0 or <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> _5.1). <br/> Of course, I used the Tiedtke scheme in any case. </p> <p> However, there remain some questions: <br/> - which intel compiler version did you use? I guess, it was intel/16.0. I used an older one: intel/15.0.3. Could be interesting to recompile with intel/15.0.3 and to repeat your run, interesting not only for you and me, but perhaps also for the DKRZ people <br/> - which MPI did you use? Bull or INTEL? I used the BULL MPI, see also my recommendations on Redmine—&gt; <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> at DKRZ <br/> - did you follow my recommendations? <br/> - which compiler options did you use for your first try? <br/> - did you also try to use <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> _4.8_clm19? This version is available from Redmine. It would be interesting to see whether the stripes also appear when using this version. </p> <p> Hans-Jürgen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #1168dd0

<p> Hi David, </p> <p> sorry for the late answer. </p> <p> Already some weeks ago, I repeated a decadal simulations for Africa on <span class="caps"> MISTRAL </span> , which I also performed on <span class="caps"> BLIZZARD </span> within the <span class="caps"> MIKLIP </span> project. <br/> I could (and can) not see any stripes in the results. <br/> But I did not use the <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> _4.8_clm17 version, but a more recent one (4.21_clm2, which is not available via the redmine! I also don’ see them when using <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> _5.0 or <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> _5.1). <br/> Of course, I used the Tiedtke scheme in any case. </p> <p> However, there remain some questions: <br/> - which intel compiler version did you use? I guess, it was intel/16.0. I used an older one: intel/15.0.3. Could be interesting to recompile with intel/15.0.3 and to repeat your run, interesting not only for you and me, but perhaps also for the DKRZ people <br/> - which MPI did you use? Bull or INTEL? I used the BULL MPI, see also my recommendations on Redmine—&gt; <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> at DKRZ <br/> - did you follow my recommendations? <br/> - which compiler options did you use for your first try? <br/> - did you also try to use <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> _4.8_clm19? This version is available from Redmine. It would be interesting to see whether the stripes also appear when using this version. </p> <p> Hans-Jürgen </p>

Hi David,

sorry for the late answer.

Already some weeks ago, I repeated a decadal simulations for Africa on MISTRAL , which I also performed on BLIZZARD within the MIKLIP project.
I could (and can) not see any stripes in the results.
But I did not use the COSMO _4.8_clm17 version, but a more recent one (4.21_clm2, which is not available via the redmine! I also don’ see them when using COSMO _5.0 or COSMO _5.1).
Of course, I used the Tiedtke scheme in any case.

However, there remain some questions:
- which intel compiler version did you use? I guess, it was intel/16.0. I used an older one: intel/15.0.3. Could be interesting to recompile with intel/15.0.3 and to repeat your run, interesting not only for you and me, but perhaps also for the DKRZ people
- which MPI did you use? Bull or INTEL? I used the BULL MPI, see also my recommendations on Redmine—> CCLM at DKRZ
- did you follow my recommendations?
- which compiler options did you use for your first try?
- did you also try to use COSMO _4.8_clm19? This version is available from Redmine. It would be interesting to see whether the stripes also appear when using this version.

Hans-Jürgen