Restarting finished job – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Thank you. It doesn’t work. It may be my mistake of course, but I do not think I made any change in the scripts except for that suggested by you in the subchain (commented the line echo ${YDATE_START} ${YDATE_START} &gt; ${PFDIR}/${EXPID}/date.log). [By the way – I work with cclm-sp_1.4 and not with the 1.3.4.Should I try restarting the job using 1.3.4 ?]. <br/> To summarize <br/> my date.log is as follows 1994010100 1994010100 <br/> the job ./subchain prep 1994010100 starts successfully and calls int2lm but doesn’t call cclm. <br/> I tried submitting ./subchain cclm 1994010100 after that (and also before) but it terminates with <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> <span class="caps"> CODE </span> 2014 in <span class="caps"> ROUTINE </span> organize_input <br/> after attempting to open ncdf file lbff**000000.nc <br/> No such file or directory </p> <p> ================================ </p> <p> But, I many times successfully restarted my jobs from consecutive last time moments (i.e. when the experiment was not yet finished – and all the data in the /scratch directory were not removed and the last created files still were there). May it be that restarting is possible for last time moments only. Or, in principle, one should be able to restart his job from any time moment (where the input data are supposed to come from if yes?). <br/> Please kindly clarify. </p>

@redc_migration in #0f4710f

<p> Thank you. It doesn’t work. It may be my mistake of course, but I do not think I made any change in the scripts except for that suggested by you in the subchain (commented the line echo ${YDATE_START} ${YDATE_START} &gt; ${PFDIR}/${EXPID}/date.log). [By the way – I work with cclm-sp_1.4 and not with the 1.3.4.Should I try restarting the job using 1.3.4 ?]. <br/> To summarize <br/> my date.log is as follows 1994010100 1994010100 <br/> the job ./subchain prep 1994010100 starts successfully and calls int2lm but doesn’t call cclm. <br/> I tried submitting ./subchain cclm 1994010100 after that (and also before) but it terminates with <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> <span class="caps"> CODE </span> 2014 in <span class="caps"> ROUTINE </span> organize_input <br/> after attempting to open ncdf file lbff**000000.nc <br/> No such file or directory </p> <p> ================================ </p> <p> But, I many times successfully restarted my jobs from consecutive last time moments (i.e. when the experiment was not yet finished – and all the data in the /scratch directory were not removed and the last created files still were there). May it be that restarting is possible for last time moments only. Or, in principle, one should be able to restart his job from any time moment (where the input data are supposed to come from if yes?). <br/> Please kindly clarify. </p>

Thank you. It doesn’t work. It may be my mistake of course, but I do not think I made any change in the scripts except for that suggested by you in the subchain (commented the line echo ${YDATE_START} ${YDATE_START} > ${PFDIR}/${EXPID}/date.log). [By the way – I work with cclm-sp_1.4 and not with the 1.3.4.Should I try restarting the job using 1.3.4 ?].
To summarize
my date.log is as follows 1994010100 1994010100
the job ./subchain prep 1994010100 starts successfully and calls int2lm but doesn’t call cclm.
I tried submitting ./subchain cclm 1994010100 after that (and also before) but it terminates with ERROR CODE 2014 in ROUTINE organize_input
after attempting to open ncdf file lbff**000000.nc
No such file or directory

================================

But, I many times successfully restarted my jobs from consecutive last time moments (i.e. when the experiment was not yet finished – and all the data in the /scratch directory were not removed and the last created files still were there). May it be that restarting is possible for last time moments only. Or, in principle, one should be able to restart his job from any time moment (where the input data are supposed to come from if yes?).
Please kindly clarify.