Running CCLM with T_S from reanalysis? – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear colleges, </p> <p> I would like to ask you, are there any possibility to run <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> model with temperature at lower boundary conditions, taken from reanalysis ( <span class="caps"> ERA </span> -Interim in my case) not only for water cells, but also for the surface? </p> <p> I’ve tried to run model with lsoil=F, but model fails with NaN values after one day. </p>

@mikhailvarentsov in #1c12eeb

<p> Dear colleges, </p> <p> I would like to ask you, are there any possibility to run <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> model with temperature at lower boundary conditions, taken from reanalysis ( <span class="caps"> ERA </span> -Interim in my case) not only for water cells, but also for the surface? </p> <p> I’ve tried to run model with lsoil=F, but model fails with NaN values after one day. </p>

Running CCLM with T_S from reanalysis?

Dear colleges,

I would like to ask you, are there any possibility to run CCLM model with temperature at lower boundary conditions, taken from reanalysis ( ERA -Interim in my case) not only for water cells, but also for the surface?

I’ve tried to run model with lsoil=F, but model fails with NaN values after one day.

View in channel
<p> I am afraid this may not work easily. I also tried lsoil=F some time ago and the model crashed. You probably have to dig into the source code for that. </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #7390403

<p> I am afraid this may not work easily. I also tried lsoil=F some time ago and the model crashed. You probably have to dig into the source code for that. </p>

I am afraid this may not work easily. I also tried lsoil=F some time ago and the model crashed. You probably have to dig into the source code for that.

<p> Hi, <br/> in idealized mode (initial and boundary data are created within the model and <br/> do not come from external files) lsoil=.false. perfectly works. So <br/> I do not think that it is a fundamental problem, but maybe some small <br/> issue with the treatment of initial- and/or boundary data in the model. <br/> Maybe t_s is not initialized properly on both time levels. </p>

@ulrichblahak in #ef3d76a

<p> Hi, <br/> in idealized mode (initial and boundary data are created within the model and <br/> do not come from external files) lsoil=.false. perfectly works. So <br/> I do not think that it is a fundamental problem, but maybe some small <br/> issue with the treatment of initial- and/or boundary data in the model. <br/> Maybe t_s is not initialized properly on both time levels. </p>

Hi,
in idealized mode (initial and boundary data are created within the model and
do not come from external files) lsoil=.false. perfectly works. So
I do not think that it is a fundamental problem, but maybe some small
issue with the treatment of initial- and/or boundary data in the model.
Maybe t_s is not initialized properly on both time levels.