__libm_error_support on the nested domain – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear Vladimir, </p> <p> I am not sure whether I can really help, since I never saw a message like “Conflicting <span class="caps"> CPU </span> frequencies detected”. </p> <p> However, one thing is obvious, I believe. The numerical time step (dt=40 sec) you have chosen <br/> for your simulation with a 0.025 deg horizontal resolution <br/> is much too large. <br/> It should be in the order of 20 sec, not larger, perhaps even lower, depending on whether you will get CFL violations or not. <br/> My personal experience: for CPM runs with 0.0275 deg resolution (about 3 km)using also CCLM5-0-14, dt=25sec was the “upper” limit. <br/> dt &gt; 25 sec led to a rather large number of <span class="caps"> CFL </span> violations. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #49baf90

<p> Dear Vladimir, </p> <p> I am not sure whether I can really help, since I never saw a message like “Conflicting <span class="caps"> CPU </span> frequencies detected”. </p> <p> However, one thing is obvious, I believe. The numerical time step (dt=40 sec) you have chosen <br/> for your simulation with a 0.025 deg horizontal resolution <br/> is much too large. <br/> It should be in the order of 20 sec, not larger, perhaps even lower, depending on whether you will get CFL violations or not. <br/> My personal experience: for CPM runs with 0.0275 deg resolution (about 3 km)using also CCLM5-0-14, dt=25sec was the “upper” limit. <br/> dt &gt; 25 sec led to a rather large number of <span class="caps"> CFL </span> violations. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

Dear Vladimir,

I am not sure whether I can really help, since I never saw a message like “Conflicting CPU frequencies detected”.

However, one thing is obvious, I believe. The numerical time step (dt=40 sec) you have chosen
for your simulation with a 0.025 deg horizontal resolution
is much too large.
It should be in the order of 20 sec, not larger, perhaps even lower, depending on whether you will get CFL violations or not.
My personal experience: for CPM runs with 0.0275 deg resolution (about 3 km)using also CCLM5-0-14, dt=25sec was the “upper” limit.
dt > 25 sec led to a rather large number of CFL violations.

Hans-Juergen