TO3 ozone output – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear colleagues, I have got a problem accoding to total ozone content output (TO3). I have included it to the <span class="caps"> GRIBOUT </span> namelist group, output list. The model run went well, but there was an error in log-file (attached as outlog1) at every timestep: </p> *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 <p> Finally, I have formed the TO3.nc file from lffd…nc output files (using ncrcat command) successfully. But, after reading this file, I have seen something wrong. The values were the same as in <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _RAD.nc file from the same run output. I have proofed all paths and specifications of these files, all is OK. Could you suggest me any hints associated with simulating of TO3 (I don’t use <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> - <span class="caps"> ART </span> !), or any mistakes, I have, perhaps, done. <br/> Thank you very much for any suggestions! </p>

@vladimirplatonov in #08cb50d

<p> Dear colleagues, I have got a problem accoding to total ozone content output (TO3). I have included it to the <span class="caps"> GRIBOUT </span> namelist group, output list. The model run went well, but there was an error in log-file (attached as outlog1) at every timestep: </p> *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** <span class="caps"> ERROR </span> : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 <p> Finally, I have formed the TO3.nc file from lffd…nc output files (using ncrcat command) successfully. But, after reading this file, I have seen something wrong. The values were the same as in <span class="caps"> ALB </span> _RAD.nc file from the same run output. I have proofed all paths and specifications of these files, all is OK. Could you suggest me any hints associated with simulating of TO3 (I don’t use <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> - <span class="caps"> ART </span> !), or any mistakes, I have, perhaps, done. <br/> Thank you very much for any suggestions! </p>

TO3 ozone output

Dear colleagues, I have got a problem accoding to total ozone content output (TO3). I have included it to the GRIBOUT namelist group, output list. The model run went well, but there was an error in log-file (attached as outlog1) at every timestep:

*** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3 *** ERROR : Trying to output unassociated variable: TO3

Finally, I have formed the TO3.nc file from lffd…nc output files (using ncrcat command) successfully. But, after reading this file, I have seen something wrong. The values were the same as in ALB _RAD.nc file from the same run output. I have proofed all paths and specifications of these files, all is OK. Could you suggest me any hints associated with simulating of TO3 (I don’t use COSMO - ART !), or any mistakes, I have, perhaps, done.
Thank you very much for any suggestions!

View in channel
<p> Thanks for pointing this out! Probably TO3 is deprecated and should be deleted from the code. Please use VIO3 instead. </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #41ff4e7

<p> Thanks for pointing this out! Probably TO3 is deprecated and should be deleted from the code. Please use VIO3 instead. </p>

Thanks for pointing this out! Probably TO3 is deprecated and should be deleted from the code. Please use VIO3 instead.

<p> Thank you for your answer! I have tried this VIO3 variable, and the run went preliminarily well. But, I have an additional question. I have tried to include also the O3 variable in <span class="caps"> GRIBOUT </span> namelist group. It gets an error (see in the attached ‘outlog’ file), associated with the O3 variable exactly. Could you give me any hints about this variable? Maybe, it’s also deleted from code, or something else? <br/> Thank you. </p>

@vladimirplatonov in #e3403d1

<p> Thank you for your answer! I have tried this VIO3 variable, and the run went preliminarily well. But, I have an additional question. I have tried to include also the O3 variable in <span class="caps"> GRIBOUT </span> namelist group. It gets an error (see in the attached ‘outlog’ file), associated with the O3 variable exactly. Could you give me any hints about this variable? Maybe, it’s also deleted from code, or something else? <br/> Thank you. </p>

Thank you for your answer! I have tried this VIO3 variable, and the run went preliminarily well. But, I have an additional question. I have tried to include also the O3 variable in GRIBOUT namelist group. It gets an error (see in the attached ‘outlog’ file), associated with the O3 variable exactly. Could you give me any hints about this variable? Maybe, it’s also deleted from code, or something else?
Thank you.

<p> O3 is not an output variable for standard <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> , respectively <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> - <span class="caps"> CLM </span> . <br/> Only if you want to use <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> in connection with <span class="caps"> MESSY </span> it might be <br/> an output variable (but even in this case I doubt it is). <br/> See source code, module src_setup_vartab.f90, an look for “O3”. <br/> If you want to use O3 as an output variable, you have to change the code. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #1e8697a

<p> O3 is not an output variable for standard <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> , respectively <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> - <span class="caps"> CLM </span> . <br/> Only if you want to use <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> in connection with <span class="caps"> MESSY </span> it might be <br/> an output variable (but even in this case I doubt it is). <br/> See source code, module src_setup_vartab.f90, an look for “O3”. <br/> If you want to use O3 as an output variable, you have to change the code. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

O3 is not an output variable for standard COSMO , respectively COSMO - CLM .
Only if you want to use CCLM in connection with MESSY it might be
an output variable (but even in this case I doubt it is).
See source code, module src_setup_vartab.f90, an look for “O3”.
If you want to use O3 as an output variable, you have to change the code.

Hans-Juergen

<p> Hans-Juergen, thanks for your answer. So, I’m not sure that I’m able to correct code properly. But, I have seen the O3 variable in the <span class="caps"> CLM </span> Output Variable List (http://www.clm-community.eu/index.php?menuid=225&amp;reporeid=311), and therefore included it in my <span class="caps"> GRIBOUT </span> . Maybe, there are many other ‘invalid’ variables in this list? I hope, it’s useful to mark it somehow to avoid such questions. <br/> Thank you! </p>

@vladimirplatonov in #c1427a2

<p> Hans-Juergen, thanks for your answer. So, I’m not sure that I’m able to correct code properly. But, I have seen the O3 variable in the <span class="caps"> CLM </span> Output Variable List (http://www.clm-community.eu/index.php?menuid=225&amp;reporeid=311), and therefore included it in my <span class="caps"> GRIBOUT </span> . Maybe, there are many other ‘invalid’ variables in this list? I hope, it’s useful to mark it somehow to avoid such questions. <br/> Thank you! </p>

Hans-Juergen, thanks for your answer. So, I’m not sure that I’m able to correct code properly. But, I have seen the O3 variable in the CLM Output Variable List (http://www.clm-community.eu/index.php?menuid=225&reporeid=311), and therefore included it in my GRIBOUT . Maybe, there are many other ‘invalid’ variables in this list? I hope, it’s useful to mark it somehow to avoid such questions.
Thank you!