problems with cclm4.8 runs cfl criterion and NaNs – in #9: CCLM

in #9: CCLM

<p> Dear colleagues, </p> <p> I´m facing a problem with NaNs in all fields after the first time step together with a violation of <span class="caps"> CFL </span> -criterion. I am aware, that this has already been the topic here, but my model setup is different. <br/> I use the clm4.8_clm18 Version together with int2lm1.1_clm14 on the Cray-40 of <span class="caps"> DWD </span> and MIROC5 data as input for 2.8km run. I attached some Output and Setup files in a tar-archive. The Output of int2lm seem to be ok, as well as the data in <span class="caps"> YUCHKDAT </span> . <br/> I already reduced the time step from 25 to 20 s, but that did not help. Maybe there is a problem already in the compilation? <br/> Does anyone has an idea? </p> <p> Best regards, </p> <p> Michael </p>

@michaelhaller in #080bbea

<p> Dear colleagues, </p> <p> I´m facing a problem with NaNs in all fields after the first time step together with a violation of <span class="caps"> CFL </span> -criterion. I am aware, that this has already been the topic here, but my model setup is different. <br/> I use the clm4.8_clm18 Version together with int2lm1.1_clm14 on the Cray-40 of <span class="caps"> DWD </span> and MIROC5 data as input for 2.8km run. I attached some Output and Setup files in a tar-archive. The Output of int2lm seem to be ok, as well as the data in <span class="caps"> YUCHKDAT </span> . <br/> I already reduced the time step from 25 to 20 s, but that did not help. Maybe there is a problem already in the compilation? <br/> Does anyone has an idea? </p> <p> Best regards, </p> <p> Michael </p>

problems with cclm4.8 runs cfl criterion and NaNs

Dear colleagues,

I´m facing a problem with NaNs in all fields after the first time step together with a violation of CFL -criterion. I am aware, that this has already been the topic here, but my model setup is different.
I use the clm4.8_clm18 Version together with int2lm1.1_clm14 on the Cray-40 of DWD and MIROC5 data as input for 2.8km run. I attached some Output and Setup files in a tar-archive. The Output of int2lm seem to be ok, as well as the data in YUCHKDAT .
I already reduced the time step from 25 to 20 s, but that did not help. Maybe there is a problem already in the compilation?
Does anyone has an idea?

Best regards,

Michael

View in channel
<p> Hi Michael, </p> <p> have a look at your P0-profile ( <span class="caps"> YUSPECIF </span> ). It is nonsens. <br/> About 500 hPa in about 900 m heihgt, and then constant P0 above 9800 m!! <br/> Thus, the problem must already be in the INT2LM setup </p> <p> The file “ <span class="caps"> OUTPUT </span> ” in your tar-file: generally a file with this name comes from INT2LM (compared to <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> it is the “ <span class="caps"> YUSPEFIC </span> ” pendant). <br/> But the file in your tar-file is certainly not from INT2LM. </p> <p> With respect to <span class="caps"> MIROC </span> forcing: ask Christian Steger; he applied <span class="caps"> MIROC </span> in thge <span class="caps"> REKLIES </span> project. <br/> Perhaps, he can give you some advices. <br/> What is the resolution of <span class="caps"> MIROC </span> ? Do you really want to perform a direct downscaling form the <span class="caps"> GCM </span> scale to the 2.8 km scale? </p> <p> Hans-Jürgen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #49377d5

<p> Hi Michael, </p> <p> have a look at your P0-profile ( <span class="caps"> YUSPECIF </span> ). It is nonsens. <br/> About 500 hPa in about 900 m heihgt, and then constant P0 above 9800 m!! <br/> Thus, the problem must already be in the INT2LM setup </p> <p> The file “ <span class="caps"> OUTPUT </span> ” in your tar-file: generally a file with this name comes from INT2LM (compared to <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> it is the “ <span class="caps"> YUSPEFIC </span> ” pendant). <br/> But the file in your tar-file is certainly not from INT2LM. </p> <p> With respect to <span class="caps"> MIROC </span> forcing: ask Christian Steger; he applied <span class="caps"> MIROC </span> in thge <span class="caps"> REKLIES </span> project. <br/> Perhaps, he can give you some advices. <br/> What is the resolution of <span class="caps"> MIROC </span> ? Do you really want to perform a direct downscaling form the <span class="caps"> GCM </span> scale to the 2.8 km scale? </p> <p> Hans-Jürgen </p>

Hi Michael,

have a look at your P0-profile ( YUSPECIF ). It is nonsens.
About 500 hPa in about 900 m heihgt, and then constant P0 above 9800 m!!
Thus, the problem must already be in the INT2LM setup

The file “ OUTPUT ” in your tar-file: generally a file with this name comes from INT2LM (compared to CCLM it is the “ YUSPEFIC ” pendant).
But the file in your tar-file is certainly not from INT2LM.

With respect to MIROC forcing: ask Christian Steger; he applied MIROC in thge REKLIES project.
Perhaps, he can give you some advices.
What is the resolution of MIROC ? Do you really want to perform a direct downscaling form the GCM scale to the 2.8 km scale?

Hans-Jürgen