Rotating Winds: Error in Documentation? – in #8: General Questions

in #8: General Questions

<p> Hey Edmund, </p> <p> In the <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> (and <span class="caps"> EXTPAR </span> ) source code inside <code> utilities.f90 </code> (and <code> mo_utilities_extpar.f90 </code> ) there is a subroutine <code> uvrot2uv </code> which uses the formula you cited, but(!) with the longitude-swapping-correction you already noticed. <br/> I copied and used this part of the code a little while ago and tested the rotations, and everything seemed fine, so I think you are correct. </p> <p> best <br/> Rolf </p>

@rolfzentek in #51c8d24

<p> Hey Edmund, </p> <p> In the <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> (and <span class="caps"> EXTPAR </span> ) source code inside <code> utilities.f90 </code> (and <code> mo_utilities_extpar.f90 </code> ) there is a subroutine <code> uvrot2uv </code> which uses the formula you cited, but(!) with the longitude-swapping-correction you already noticed. <br/> I copied and used this part of the code a little while ago and tested the rotations, and everything seemed fine, so I think you are correct. </p> <p> best <br/> Rolf </p>

Hey Edmund,

In the COSMO (and EXTPAR ) source code inside utilities.f90 (and mo_utilities_extpar.f90 ) there is a subroutine uvrot2uv which uses the formula you cited, but(!) with the longitude-swapping-correction you already noticed.
I copied and used this part of the code a little while ago and tested the rotations, and everything seemed fine, so I think you are correct.

best
Rolf