extreme value of precipitation over tropic – in #8: General Questions

in #8: General Questions

<p> Hi Kristina, </p> <p> relative easy answer: <br/> I did such excercise when “searching” an appropriate setup for the <span class="caps"> CORDEX </span> Africa simulation. </p> <p> “Did it work well?“ <br/> Clear answer, NO! </p> <p> The important and physically reasonable change is the increase of rdheight, which then implies the <br/> increase of the height of the model domain. <br/> Rule of thumb: the thickness of the damping layer should be approx. 1/3 of the whole vertical extent of the model domain. </p> <p> Hans-Jürgen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #fa9a3c7

<p> Hi Kristina, </p> <p> relative easy answer: <br/> I did such excercise when “searching” an appropriate setup for the <span class="caps"> CORDEX </span> Africa simulation. </p> <p> “Did it work well?“ <br/> Clear answer, NO! </p> <p> The important and physically reasonable change is the increase of rdheight, which then implies the <br/> increase of the height of the model domain. <br/> Rule of thumb: the thickness of the damping layer should be approx. 1/3 of the whole vertical extent of the model domain. </p> <p> Hans-Jürgen </p>

Hi Kristina,

relative easy answer:
I did such excercise when “searching” an appropriate setup for the CORDEX Africa simulation.

“Did it work well?“
Clear answer, NO!

The important and physically reasonable change is the increase of rdheight, which then implies the
increase of the height of the model domain.
Rule of thumb: the thickness of the damping layer should be approx. 1/3 of the whole vertical extent of the model domain.

Hans-Jürgen