extreme value of precipitation over tropic – in #8: General Questions

in #8: General Questions

<p> Hello Bo, <br/> most probably the high values of precipitation at individual grid points originate in the numerics of advection which cannot deal with convection at individual grid points. <br/> Instead of cooling feedback at the surface it is enhancing the convection. </p> <p> In cosmo_4.8_clm19 there is still this problem. <br/> This has been fixed in a more recent version by Uli Blahak and will be available with 5.0. <br/> I would appreciate if you could implement this modification of advection in 4.8_clm19 and test it. <br/> Please contact me in the case, you would like to do that. </p> <p> Greetings, Andreas </p>

@andreaswill in #efc2ba5

<p> Hello Bo, <br/> most probably the high values of precipitation at individual grid points originate in the numerics of advection which cannot deal with convection at individual grid points. <br/> Instead of cooling feedback at the surface it is enhancing the convection. </p> <p> In cosmo_4.8_clm19 there is still this problem. <br/> This has been fixed in a more recent version by Uli Blahak and will be available with 5.0. <br/> I would appreciate if you could implement this modification of advection in 4.8_clm19 and test it. <br/> Please contact me in the case, you would like to do that. </p> <p> Greetings, Andreas </p>

Hello Bo,
most probably the high values of precipitation at individual grid points originate in the numerics of advection which cannot deal with convection at individual grid points.
Instead of cooling feedback at the surface it is enhancing the convection.

In cosmo_4.8_clm19 there is still this problem.
This has been fixed in a more recent version by Uli Blahak and will be available with 5.0.
I would appreciate if you could implement this modification of advection in 4.8_clm19 and test it.
Please contact me in the case, you would like to do that.

Greetings, Andreas