extreme value of precipitation over tropic – in #8: General Questions

in #8: General Questions

<p> Dear Colleagues, </p> <p> what happens if the atmophere in <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> is “lifted” up to 30000 km (as Burkhardt suggested) but the Rayleigh damping height remains low (11000 m)? <br/> I assume the damping layer is thicker than with rdheight=18000 and, therefore, the damping is smoother. Has anybody tested such setup for the tropics? Did it work well or not? </p> <p> Kristina </p>

@redc_migration in #3d4ba4b

<p> Dear Colleagues, </p> <p> what happens if the atmophere in <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> is “lifted” up to 30000 km (as Burkhardt suggested) but the Rayleigh damping height remains low (11000 m)? <br/> I assume the damping layer is thicker than with rdheight=18000 and, therefore, the damping is smoother. Has anybody tested such setup for the tropics? Did it work well or not? </p> <p> Kristina </p>

Dear Colleagues,

what happens if the atmophere in CCLM is “lifted” up to 30000 km (as Burkhardt suggested) but the Rayleigh damping height remains low (11000 m)?
I assume the damping layer is thicker than with rdheight=18000 and, therefore, the damping is smoother. Has anybody tested such setup for the tropics? Did it work well or not?

Kristina