Sensitivity of COSMO-CLM Regional Climate Model to the domain selection – in #8: General Questions

in #8: General Questions

<p> Hallo Bijan and Hans-Juergen, <br/> I agree with Hans-Juergen, that the strong values near the boundaries are in particular strong due to domain shifting and thus shifting of the boundary condition. However, the strong differences are outside the sponge zone overlap. So, what you see here is the boundary condition effect in your simulation, which is quite strong (in comparison with optimised configuration cases. </p> <p> Greetings, Andreas </p>

@andreaswill in #3be9c5f

<p> Hallo Bijan and Hans-Juergen, <br/> I agree with Hans-Juergen, that the strong values near the boundaries are in particular strong due to domain shifting and thus shifting of the boundary condition. However, the strong differences are outside the sponge zone overlap. So, what you see here is the boundary condition effect in your simulation, which is quite strong (in comparison with optimised configuration cases. </p> <p> Greetings, Andreas </p>

Hallo Bijan and Hans-Juergen,
I agree with Hans-Juergen, that the strong values near the boundaries are in particular strong due to domain shifting and thus shifting of the boundary condition. However, the strong differences are outside the sponge zone overlap. So, what you see here is the boundary condition effect in your simulation, which is quite strong (in comparison with optimised configuration cases.

Greetings, Andreas