Sensitivity of COSMO-CLM Regional Climate Model to the domain selection – in #8: General Questions

in #8: General Questions

<p> Now I not sure whether I really understood what you did. <br/> I assumed that you performed an individual simulation for each of your domains, the reference domain, and those with the shifts. <br/> That was the reason why I asked my first question. </p> <p> But now I interpret your answer in such a way that you performed only one simulation for the domain that corresponds to the “INT2LM-domain”, <br/> and for your post-processing, that means your T_2M analyses, you have chosen the different “sub-domains”. <br/> If this is the case, then I am sure that you did not ignore the sponge zone. </p> <p> This zone has a size of about 590 km, in terms of grid-points that are about 12 points, plus the 3 “nboundlines” points. <br/> Thus, in units of grid-points your sponge zone has a size of 15 grid-points at each side of your “INT2LM-domain”. <br/> But with your various shifts, large parts of your sub-domains are within the sponge zone of the “INT2LM-domain”. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #05c40ad

<p> Now I not sure whether I really understood what you did. <br/> I assumed that you performed an individual simulation for each of your domains, the reference domain, and those with the shifts. <br/> That was the reason why I asked my first question. </p> <p> But now I interpret your answer in such a way that you performed only one simulation for the domain that corresponds to the “INT2LM-domain”, <br/> and for your post-processing, that means your T_2M analyses, you have chosen the different “sub-domains”. <br/> If this is the case, then I am sure that you did not ignore the sponge zone. </p> <p> This zone has a size of about 590 km, in terms of grid-points that are about 12 points, plus the 3 “nboundlines” points. <br/> Thus, in units of grid-points your sponge zone has a size of 15 grid-points at each side of your “INT2LM-domain”. <br/> But with your various shifts, large parts of your sub-domains are within the sponge zone of the “INT2LM-domain”. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

Now I not sure whether I really understood what you did.
I assumed that you performed an individual simulation for each of your domains, the reference domain, and those with the shifts.
That was the reason why I asked my first question.

But now I interpret your answer in such a way that you performed only one simulation for the domain that corresponds to the “INT2LM-domain”,
and for your post-processing, that means your T_2M analyses, you have chosen the different “sub-domains”.
If this is the case, then I am sure that you did not ignore the sponge zone.

This zone has a size of about 590 km, in terms of grid-points that are about 12 points, plus the 3 “nboundlines” points.
Thus, in units of grid-points your sponge zone has a size of 15 grid-points at each side of your “INT2LM-domain”.
But with your various shifts, large parts of your sub-domains are within the sponge zone of the “INT2LM-domain”.

Hans-Juergen