ERROR CODE is 2014 NetCDF: Invalid dimension ID or name – in #8: General Questions

in #8: General Questions

<p> o.k. <br/> I now realized (by converting the rotated pole indicated in the ncdump of your ext. data to geographical coordinates, using the tools in Web_PEP) that the origin of your rotated system is <br/> more or less in the centre of Zimbawe. That’s o.k. <br/> But your mistake was the definition of startlon and starlat. They have to be given in rotated coordinates, not in geographical ones as you did. Therefore, your model domain <br/> was over the ocean south-east of Madagascar. <br/> I attach a screen-shot of Web-Pep page with corrected settings of startlon and startlat, keeping the geographical coordinates of the origin of your rotated system and also the number of <br/> grid-points. This is only a suggestion. </p> <p> Please, note that there is a “preview” button in the Wep- <span class="caps"> PEP </span> page, which creates a plot of the region that corresponds to your settings. <br/> Thus, you can check whether your settings make sense or not </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #145f6f7

<p> o.k. <br/> I now realized (by converting the rotated pole indicated in the ncdump of your ext. data to geographical coordinates, using the tools in Web_PEP) that the origin of your rotated system is <br/> more or less in the centre of Zimbawe. That’s o.k. <br/> But your mistake was the definition of startlon and starlat. They have to be given in rotated coordinates, not in geographical ones as you did. Therefore, your model domain <br/> was over the ocean south-east of Madagascar. <br/> I attach a screen-shot of Web-Pep page with corrected settings of startlon and startlat, keeping the geographical coordinates of the origin of your rotated system and also the number of <br/> grid-points. This is only a suggestion. </p> <p> Please, note that there is a “preview” button in the Wep- <span class="caps"> PEP </span> page, which creates a plot of the region that corresponds to your settings. <br/> Thus, you can check whether your settings make sense or not </p>

o.k.
I now realized (by converting the rotated pole indicated in the ncdump of your ext. data to geographical coordinates, using the tools in Web_PEP) that the origin of your rotated system is
more or less in the centre of Zimbawe. That’s o.k.
But your mistake was the definition of startlon and starlat. They have to be given in rotated coordinates, not in geographical ones as you did. Therefore, your model domain
was over the ocean south-east of Madagascar.
I attach a screen-shot of Web-Pep page with corrected settings of startlon and startlat, keeping the geographical coordinates of the origin of your rotated system and also the number of
grid-points. This is only a suggestion.

Please, note that there is a “preview” button in the Wep- PEP page, which creates a plot of the region that corresponds to your settings.
Thus, you can check whether your settings make sense or not