Data Assimilation in the RCM – in #8: General Questions

in #8: General Questions

<p> Dear Alberto, </p> <p> to my knowledge data assimilation as such has never been applied in the climate version of <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> . <br/> Only the option of spectral nudging has already been used by several colleagues, but not by me. </p> <p> Thus, from the technical point of view it would be interesting to know whether data assimilation in general would work in the climate mode. <br/> But: if it would work, what is the sense behind it? <br/> Which data do you want to use for the assimilation when you are performing climate simulations for the future? </p> <p> Hans-Jürgen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #80f4cac

<p> Dear Alberto, </p> <p> to my knowledge data assimilation as such has never been applied in the climate version of <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> . <br/> Only the option of spectral nudging has already been used by several colleagues, but not by me. </p> <p> Thus, from the technical point of view it would be interesting to know whether data assimilation in general would work in the climate mode. <br/> But: if it would work, what is the sense behind it? <br/> Which data do you want to use for the assimilation when you are performing climate simulations for the future? </p> <p> Hans-Jürgen </p>

Dear Alberto,

to my knowledge data assimilation as such has never been applied in the climate version of COSMO .
Only the option of spectral nudging has already been used by several colleagues, but not by me.

Thus, from the technical point of view it would be interesting to know whether data assimilation in general would work in the climate mode.
But: if it would work, what is the sense behind it?
Which data do you want to use for the assimilation when you are performing climate simulations for the future?

Hans-Jürgen