Data Assimilation in the RCM – in #8: General Questions

in #8: General Questions

<p> Dear Mr. Panitz </p> <p> Thank you for your reply and your providing of information. </p> <p> The Data assimilation I intend to perform is of a highly resolved <span class="caps"> GPS </span> - Integrated water vapour data set in the period September-March 2012. The purpose of such assimilation is to observe the impact of this selective assimilation on the represented moisture fields and precipitation extremes, that is to say, only when <span class="caps"> GPS </span> - <span class="caps"> IWV </span> data are assimilated. </p> <p> I do not plan to simulate periods in the future, but rather past periods (of a few months) in the year 2012. </p> <p> I think it would be interesting to study the response of the model to this assimilation from a seasonal point of view. That is why I want to use the Climate mode. </p> <p> With kind regards </p> <p> Alberto </p>

@albertocaldas-alvarez in #422b236

<p> Dear Mr. Panitz </p> <p> Thank you for your reply and your providing of information. </p> <p> The Data assimilation I intend to perform is of a highly resolved <span class="caps"> GPS </span> - Integrated water vapour data set in the period September-March 2012. The purpose of such assimilation is to observe the impact of this selective assimilation on the represented moisture fields and precipitation extremes, that is to say, only when <span class="caps"> GPS </span> - <span class="caps"> IWV </span> data are assimilated. </p> <p> I do not plan to simulate periods in the future, but rather past periods (of a few months) in the year 2012. </p> <p> I think it would be interesting to study the response of the model to this assimilation from a seasonal point of view. That is why I want to use the Climate mode. </p> <p> With kind regards </p> <p> Alberto </p>

Dear Mr. Panitz

Thank you for your reply and your providing of information.

The Data assimilation I intend to perform is of a highly resolved GPS - Integrated water vapour data set in the period September-March 2012. The purpose of such assimilation is to observe the impact of this selective assimilation on the represented moisture fields and precipitation extremes, that is to say, only when GPS - IWV data are assimilated.

I do not plan to simulate periods in the future, but rather past periods (of a few months) in the year 2012.

I think it would be interesting to study the response of the model to this assimilation from a seasonal point of view. That is why I want to use the Climate mode.

With kind regards

Alberto