ERA-Interim soil levels – in #8: General Questions

in #8: General Questions

<p> To 1. <br/> Hans-Juergen Panitz found this mistake that the soil depth was wrong. So that is why it was corrected. I cannot tell if the resulting temperature and moisture will be the same, but you can quickly check that yourself. If you type ncdump -V soil1 on a caf file you will see the values of the layers. </p> <p> To 2. <br/> ke_soil_in are the levels, and czml_soil_in is the depth of the layers. </p> <p> Cheers, <br/> Merja </p>

@merjatölle in #f1c6b3c

<p> To 1. <br/> Hans-Juergen Panitz found this mistake that the soil depth was wrong. So that is why it was corrected. I cannot tell if the resulting temperature and moisture will be the same, but you can quickly check that yourself. If you type ncdump -V soil1 on a caf file you will see the values of the layers. </p> <p> To 2. <br/> ke_soil_in are the levels, and czml_soil_in is the depth of the layers. </p> <p> Cheers, <br/> Merja </p>

To 1.
Hans-Juergen Panitz found this mistake that the soil depth was wrong. So that is why it was corrected. I cannot tell if the resulting temperature and moisture will be the same, but you can quickly check that yourself. If you type ncdump -V soil1 on a caf file you will see the values of the layers.

To 2.
ke_soil_in are the levels, and czml_soil_in is the depth of the layers.

Cheers,
Merja