soil water content unit – in #14: CCLM-CLM

in #14: CCLM-CLM

<p> Hello </p> <p> I want to analyses soil water content (W__so ). Unit of W_so is (m). Would you please explain me how can I convert (m) to (m3/m3). Can I suppose that depth of water in soil is for 1 m2 area? </p> <p> Thanks in advance, <br/> Elham </p>

@elhamfakharizade in #702a3ea

<p> Hello </p> <p> I want to analyses soil water content (W__so ). Unit of W_so is (m). Would you please explain me how can I convert (m) to (m3/m3). Can I suppose that depth of water in soil is for 1 m2 area? </p> <p> Thanks in advance, <br/> Elham </p>

soil water content unit

Hello

I want to analyses soil water content (W__so ). Unit of W_so is (m). Would you please explain me how can I convert (m) to (m3/m3). Can I suppose that depth of water in soil is for 1 m2 area?

Thanks in advance,
Elham

View in channel
<p> Elham Fakharizade wrote: <br/> &gt; Hello <br/> &gt; <br/> &gt; I want to analyse soil water content (W__so ). Unit of W_so is (m). Would you please explain me how can I convert (m) to (m3/m3). Can I suppose that depth of water in soil is for 1 m2 area? <br/> &gt; <br/> &gt; Thanks in advance, <br/> &gt; Elham </p>

@elhamfakharizade in #51cd6d9

<p> Elham Fakharizade wrote: <br/> &gt; Hello <br/> &gt; <br/> &gt; I want to analyse soil water content (W__so ). Unit of W_so is (m). Would you please explain me how can I convert (m) to (m3/m3). Can I suppose that depth of water in soil is for 1 m2 area? <br/> &gt; <br/> &gt; Thanks in advance, <br/> &gt; Elham </p>

Elham Fakharizade wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to analyse soil water content (W__so ). Unit of W_so is (m). Would you please explain me how can I convert (m) to (m3/m3). Can I suppose that depth of water in soil is for 1 m2 area?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Elham

<p> Hi, <br/> not sure but as far as I know, the <span class="caps"> TERRA </span> -ML model gives soil moisture (W_SO) for each layer. Dividing this by the layer thickness (in meter as well), you should get the volum. soil water content for a specific layer. </p> <p> Does this give you reasonable numbers? </p> <p> Best regards <br/> Andreas </p>

@andreasdobler in #18c86a4

<p> Hi, <br/> not sure but as far as I know, the <span class="caps"> TERRA </span> -ML model gives soil moisture (W_SO) for each layer. Dividing this by the layer thickness (in meter as well), you should get the volum. soil water content for a specific layer. </p> <p> Does this give you reasonable numbers? </p> <p> Best regards <br/> Andreas </p>

Hi,
not sure but as far as I know, the TERRA -ML model gives soil moisture (W_SO) for each layer. Dividing this by the layer thickness (in meter as well), you should get the volum. soil water content for a specific layer.

Does this give you reasonable numbers?

Best regards
Andreas