Questions for 25km East Asia domain experiment. – in #12: CCLM Starter Package Support

in #12: CCLM Starter Package Support

<p> Thank you for your kind advices. </p> <p> Although the resolution is eqaul starter-package setting(0.44), their dt was smaller (East Asia domain, 150s) than starter-package (Europe domain, 240s) in the paper <br/> (Regional dynamical downscaling with <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> over East Asia, Dinana Wang, 2013, Meteorol.Atmos.Phys). </p> <p> So for that reason, I am confused about linear with grid width, dt=120s or dt=75s <br/> Should I test with both results? </p> <p> The bias is just calculated by subtraction. <br/> Could you please introduce some materials for me to understand ‘the mandatory orographic correction’? </p>

@donghyunlee in #4e044ad

<p> Thank you for your kind advices. </p> <p> Although the resolution is eqaul starter-package setting(0.44), their dt was smaller (East Asia domain, 150s) than starter-package (Europe domain, 240s) in the paper <br/> (Regional dynamical downscaling with <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> over East Asia, Dinana Wang, 2013, Meteorol.Atmos.Phys). </p> <p> So for that reason, I am confused about linear with grid width, dt=120s or dt=75s <br/> Should I test with both results? </p> <p> The bias is just calculated by subtraction. <br/> Could you please introduce some materials for me to understand ‘the mandatory orographic correction’? </p>

Thank you for your kind advices.

Although the resolution is eqaul starter-package setting(0.44), their dt was smaller (East Asia domain, 150s) than starter-package (Europe domain, 240s) in the paper
(Regional dynamical downscaling with CCLM over East Asia, Dinana Wang, 2013, Meteorol.Atmos.Phys).

So for that reason, I am confused about linear with grid width, dt=120s or dt=75s
Should I test with both results?

The bias is just calculated by subtraction.
Could you please introduce some materials for me to understand ‘the mandatory orographic correction’?