FOR_E, FOR_D and SSO parameters issue – in #10: INT2LM

in #10: INT2LM

<p> Dear all, <br/> I have a problem during my <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> -to- <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> nesting simulation. The log-file (attached as slurm-914409.out) writes an error – ‘Not all necessary fields could be read or interpolated’. These fields are <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _E, <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D and <span class="caps"> SSO </span> . I have checked the corresponding lffd…c.nc file (from output directory of previous <span class="caps"> GCM </span> -to- <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> simulation), it has all necessary fields, and includes fields, cited above. Finally, I have switched off lforest and lsso namelist parameters (see the attached <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> file), and all gone well, without problems. But, in general, I want to simulate including these parameters (switching on lforest and lsso), especially I have done it earlier without problems. Could you suggest me, what should I fix? It seems, I didn’t change anything important in namelists, in comparison with previous simulations… <br/> Thank you for any suggestions. </p>

@vladimirplatonov in #bfc1ca6

<p> Dear all, <br/> I have a problem during my <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> -to- <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> nesting simulation. The log-file (attached as slurm-914409.out) writes an error – ‘Not all necessary fields could be read or interpolated’. These fields are <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _E, <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D and <span class="caps"> SSO </span> . I have checked the corresponding lffd…c.nc file (from output directory of previous <span class="caps"> GCM </span> -to- <span class="caps"> CCLM </span> simulation), it has all necessary fields, and includes fields, cited above. Finally, I have switched off lforest and lsso namelist parameters (see the attached <span class="caps"> INPUT </span> file), and all gone well, without problems. But, in general, I want to simulate including these parameters (switching on lforest and lsso), especially I have done it earlier without problems. Could you suggest me, what should I fix? It seems, I didn’t change anything important in namelists, in comparison with previous simulations… <br/> Thank you for any suggestions. </p>

FOR_E, FOR_D and SSO parameters issue

Dear all,
I have a problem during my CCLM -to- CCLM nesting simulation. The log-file (attached as slurm-914409.out) writes an error – ‘Not all necessary fields could be read or interpolated’. These fields are FOR _E, FOR _D and SSO . I have checked the corresponding lffd…c.nc file (from output directory of previous GCM -to- CCLM simulation), it has all necessary fields, and includes fields, cited above. Finally, I have switched off lforest and lsso namelist parameters (see the attached INPUT file), and all gone well, without problems. But, in general, I want to simulate including these parameters (switching on lforest and lsso), especially I have done it earlier without problems. Could you suggest me, what should I fix? It seems, I didn’t change anything important in namelists, in comparison with previous simulations…
Thank you for any suggestions.

View in channel
<p> Have you checked whether your external data in <br/> /mnt/msu/users/vplatonov/COSMO_CLM/CLM/PEPext/kara28km.nc <br/> contains <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _E, <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D and the <span class="caps"> SSO </span> parameters? </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #faa32cc

<p> Have you checked whether your external data in <br/> /mnt/msu/users/vplatonov/COSMO_CLM/CLM/PEPext/kara28km.nc <br/> contains <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _E, <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D and the <span class="caps"> SSO </span> parameters? </p>

Have you checked whether your external data in
/mnt/msu/users/vplatonov/COSMO_CLM/CLM/PEPext/kara28km.nc
contains FOR _E, FOR _D and the SSO parameters?

<p> Yes, I have checked my kara28km.nc file for these parameters. It contains <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D, <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _E and <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _STDH. File kara3version.nc (extpar for the first, gcm-to-cclm simulation) contains also <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D, <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _E, <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _STDH and additionally, <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _THETA, <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _GAMMA and <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _SIGMA. Does it matter? If yes, how to include <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _THETA, <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _GAMMA and <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _SIGMA parameters to <span class="caps"> EXTPAR </span> -file anyway? <br/> Thank you. </p>

@vladimirplatonov in #f77cc94

<p> Yes, I have checked my kara28km.nc file for these parameters. It contains <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D, <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _E and <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _STDH. File kara3version.nc (extpar for the first, gcm-to-cclm simulation) contains also <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D, <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _E, <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _STDH and additionally, <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _THETA, <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _GAMMA and <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _SIGMA. Does it matter? If yes, how to include <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _THETA, <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _GAMMA and <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _SIGMA parameters to <span class="caps"> EXTPAR </span> -file anyway? <br/> Thank you. </p>

Yes, I have checked my kara28km.nc file for these parameters. It contains FOR _D, FOR _E and SSO _STDH. File kara3version.nc (extpar for the first, gcm-to-cclm simulation) contains also FOR _D, FOR _E, SSO _STDH and additionally, SSO _THETA, SSO _GAMMA and SSO _SIGMA. Does it matter? If yes, how to include SSO _THETA, SSO _GAMMA and SSO _SIGMA parameters to EXTPAR -file anyway?
Thank you.

<p> For INT2LM2 you need all <span class="caps"> SSO </span> parameters. You probably will need to create a new external data file with WebPEP. </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #04df3df

<p> For INT2LM2 you need all <span class="caps"> SSO </span> parameters. You probably will need to create a new external data file with WebPEP. </p>

For INT2LM2 you need all SSO parameters. You probably will need to create a new external data file with WebPEP.

<p> OK. I have checked my other extpar files, I have downloaded recently. Not all these files have all <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _ parameters. Why is it so? How to become extpar files with all <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _ parameters anyway? Or it must to be checked each time for every extpar file? </p>

@vladimirplatonov in #a3c0b46

<p> OK. I have checked my other extpar files, I have downloaded recently. Not all these files have all <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _ parameters. Why is it so? How to become extpar files with all <span class="caps"> SSO </span> _ parameters anyway? Or it must to be checked each time for every extpar file? </p>

OK. I have checked my other extpar files, I have downloaded recently. Not all these files have all SSO _ parameters. Why is it so? How to become extpar files with all SSO _ parameters anyway? Or it must to be checked each time for every extpar file?

<p> <span class="caps"> SSO </span> makes only sense for large grid sizes. In EXTPAR2.0.2 there is a lower limit set to 0.05 degrees. I am not sure about older <span class="caps"> EXTPAR </span> and <span class="caps"> PEP </span> versions. </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #49dd090

<p> <span class="caps"> SSO </span> makes only sense for large grid sizes. In EXTPAR2.0.2 there is a lower limit set to 0.05 degrees. I am not sure about older <span class="caps"> EXTPAR </span> and <span class="caps"> PEP </span> versions. </p>

SSO makes only sense for large grid sizes. In EXTPAR2.0.2 there is a lower limit set to 0.05 degrees. I am not sure about older EXTPAR and PEP versions.

<p> So, if I make a simulation with the resolution less than 0.05 degrees, I can switch off the lsso namelist parameter? And what’s about <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _E and <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D parameters? Should it be included in all extpar files? </p>

@vladimirplatonov in #c9407ba

<p> So, if I make a simulation with the resolution less than 0.05 degrees, I can switch off the lsso namelist parameter? And what’s about <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _E and <span class="caps"> FOR </span> _D parameters? Should it be included in all extpar files? </p>

So, if I make a simulation with the resolution less than 0.05 degrees, I can switch off the lsso namelist parameter? And what’s about FOR _E and FOR _D parameters? Should it be included in all extpar files?

<p> I think there is no restriction yet for using lforest=.TRUE. or .FALSE. This is up to you. </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #8f5f26a

<p> I think there is no restriction yet for using lforest=.TRUE. or .FALSE. This is up to you. </p>

I think there is no restriction yet for using lforest=.TRUE. or .FALSE. This is up to you.