Question about Z0 and PLCOV parameters in input file – in #10: INT2LM

in #10: INT2LM

<p> In case of a nesting run (lm2lm=.TRUE.) you have to distinguish between two external data sets. <br/> One for the coarse grid, and one for the new, higher resolved grid. <br/> As external data for the coarse grid only <span class="caps"> HSURF </span> and/or <span class="caps"> FIS </span> (I recommend to have both) and FR_LAND are required. They should be in your lffd2012020100c.nc file. Check it! <br/> As external data for the fine grid muche more variables are required, amongst others Z0 and <span class="caps"> PLCOV </span> (see your <span class="caps"> CFO </span> _00625pep.nc file). <br/> And now the explanation of Burkhardt comes into the play. </p> <p> However, I just saw, that the name of the external file for the fine grid in your slumr-321662.out file ( <span class="caps"> CFO </span> _00625pep.nc) seems to be different from the name <br/> in your int2lm_nest.sh script (mid-europe_00625.nc). </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #042b109

<p> In case of a nesting run (lm2lm=.TRUE.) you have to distinguish between two external data sets. <br/> One for the coarse grid, and one for the new, higher resolved grid. <br/> As external data for the coarse grid only <span class="caps"> HSURF </span> and/or <span class="caps"> FIS </span> (I recommend to have both) and FR_LAND are required. They should be in your lffd2012020100c.nc file. Check it! <br/> As external data for the fine grid muche more variables are required, amongst others Z0 and <span class="caps"> PLCOV </span> (see your <span class="caps"> CFO </span> _00625pep.nc file). <br/> And now the explanation of Burkhardt comes into the play. </p> <p> However, I just saw, that the name of the external file for the fine grid in your slumr-321662.out file ( <span class="caps"> CFO </span> _00625pep.nc) seems to be different from the name <br/> in your int2lm_nest.sh script (mid-europe_00625.nc). </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

In case of a nesting run (lm2lm=.TRUE.) you have to distinguish between two external data sets.
One for the coarse grid, and one for the new, higher resolved grid.
As external data for the coarse grid only HSURF and/or FIS (I recommend to have both) and FR_LAND are required. They should be in your lffd2012020100c.nc file. Check it!
As external data for the fine grid muche more variables are required, amongst others Z0 and PLCOV (see your CFO _00625pep.nc file).
And now the explanation of Burkhardt comes into the play.

However, I just saw, that the name of the external file for the fine grid in your slumr-321662.out file ( CFO _00625pep.nc) seems to be different from the name
in your int2lm_nest.sh script (mid-europe_00625.nc).

Hans-Juergen