Model initialization from ERA-Interim data: what happens with soil temperature? – in #10: INT2LM

in #10: INT2LM

<p> 1) The best way would be to introduce an interpolation in the subroutine <code> init_multi_layer_cm </code> which is located in the module file <code> src_2d_fields.f90 </code> . The line <br/> <pre> t_so_lm(i,j,kso) = t_cl_lm(i,j) + (t_s_lm(i,j) - t_cl_lm(i,j)) * EXP(-zmls(kso)/2.8) </pre> <br/> calculates T_SO by the exponential function I mentioned in my previous reply. At this place one may put the interpolation of T_SO of the reanalysis data. If you decide to do this it would be greatly appreciated. In case you succeed, please provide your changes to the <span class="caps"> CLM </span> -Community. Please take into account that the lowest model level has the fixed value T_CL. </p> <p> 2) T_SO and W_SO are only used from reanalysis for initialization, during the further simulation they develop freely. </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #fb6f6ef

<p> 1) The best way would be to introduce an interpolation in the subroutine <code> init_multi_layer_cm </code> which is located in the module file <code> src_2d_fields.f90 </code> . The line <br/> <pre> t_so_lm(i,j,kso) = t_cl_lm(i,j) + (t_s_lm(i,j) - t_cl_lm(i,j)) * EXP(-zmls(kso)/2.8) </pre> <br/> calculates T_SO by the exponential function I mentioned in my previous reply. At this place one may put the interpolation of T_SO of the reanalysis data. If you decide to do this it would be greatly appreciated. In case you succeed, please provide your changes to the <span class="caps"> CLM </span> -Community. Please take into account that the lowest model level has the fixed value T_CL. </p> <p> 2) T_SO and W_SO are only used from reanalysis for initialization, during the further simulation they develop freely. </p>

1) The best way would be to introduce an interpolation in the subroutine init_multi_layer_cm which is located in the module file src_2d_fields.f90 . The line

t_so_lm(i,j,kso) = t_cl_lm(i,j) + (t_s_lm(i,j) - t_cl_lm(i,j)) * EXP(-zmls(kso)/2.8)

calculates T_SO by the exponential function I mentioned in my previous reply. At this place one may put the interpolation of T_SO of the reanalysis data. If you decide to do this it would be greatly appreciated. In case you succeed, please provide your changes to the CLM -Community. Please take into account that the lowest model level has the fixed value T_CL.

2) T_SO and W_SO are only used from reanalysis for initialization, during the further simulation they develop freely.