interpolation error near the ground ( procx,procy>1 and east/.../north_add_in>1 ) – in #10: INT2LM

in #10: INT2LM

<p> I think these are two different issues. The namelist&amp;external parameter I uploaded/wrote are not over the poles but over the pacific (east of -160) and this error still occurs. <br/> Even if I leave out the ‘south_add_in’ and use <span class="caps"> ONLY </span> ‘east_add_in = 1’ the error persists. </p> <p> On the other hand for my domain (antartica) the error can be distinguished by using 3 different ‘procx,procy’ setting. <br/> In the picture (see different_errors.PNG) I marked in black circles the 3 different spots. I think What you meant was the bottom right error (at the southpole) </p> <p> Yes this artifacts get “simulated away”, but plan I simulate only 30h or 36h (6h or 12h spinup) and would like to keep this errors low, so I guess at least for the final runs, I have to run them only on one processor? </p>

@rolfzentek in #e3ca8c6

<p> I think these are two different issues. The namelist&amp;external parameter I uploaded/wrote are not over the poles but over the pacific (east of -160) and this error still occurs. <br/> Even if I leave out the ‘south_add_in’ and use <span class="caps"> ONLY </span> ‘east_add_in = 1’ the error persists. </p> <p> On the other hand for my domain (antartica) the error can be distinguished by using 3 different ‘procx,procy’ setting. <br/> In the picture (see different_errors.PNG) I marked in black circles the 3 different spots. I think What you meant was the bottom right error (at the southpole) </p> <p> Yes this artifacts get “simulated away”, but plan I simulate only 30h or 36h (6h or 12h spinup) and would like to keep this errors low, so I guess at least for the final runs, I have to run them only on one processor? </p>

I think these are two different issues. The namelist&external parameter I uploaded/wrote are not over the poles but over the pacific (east of -160) and this error still occurs.
Even if I leave out the ‘south_add_in’ and use ONLY ‘east_add_in = 1’ the error persists.

On the other hand for my domain (antartica) the error can be distinguished by using 3 different ‘procx,procy’ setting.
In the picture (see different_errors.PNG) I marked in black circles the 3 different spots. I think What you meant was the bottom right error (at the southpole)

Yes this artifacts get “simulated away”, but plan I simulate only 30h or 36h (6h or 12h spinup) and would like to keep this errors low, so I guess at least for the final runs, I have to run them only on one processor?