Configuring CCLM for Middle East – in #10: INT2LM

in #10: INT2LM

<p> Hi Simon, </p> <p> That’s very nice that you fell into that trap because since yesterday I am discussing the problem again with <span class="caps"> DWD </span> (I did it already several times). <br/> The problem is that you want to (over)write restart files which already exist in your restart directory. <br/> This fails since the status of such a file in the corresponding open-statement (in io_utilities.f90) is <span class="caps"> NEW </span> . </p> <p> To my opinion this is unlucky, but <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> don’t want to change it from <span class="caps"> NEW </span> to, for example, <span class="caps"> UNKNOWN </span> . </p> <p> So, what can you do? <br/> 1. delete the already existing restart files in your restart directory </p> <p> or, if you want to keep these restart files </p> <p> 2. create a new restart directory and write into this new dir. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #1caf817

<p> Hi Simon, </p> <p> That’s very nice that you fell into that trap because since yesterday I am discussing the problem again with <span class="caps"> DWD </span> (I did it already several times). <br/> The problem is that you want to (over)write restart files which already exist in your restart directory. <br/> This fails since the status of such a file in the corresponding open-statement (in io_utilities.f90) is <span class="caps"> NEW </span> . </p> <p> To my opinion this is unlucky, but <span class="caps"> COSMO </span> don’t want to change it from <span class="caps"> NEW </span> to, for example, <span class="caps"> UNKNOWN </span> . </p> <p> So, what can you do? <br/> 1. delete the already existing restart files in your restart directory </p> <p> or, if you want to keep these restart files </p> <p> 2. create a new restart directory and write into this new dir. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

Hi Simon,

That’s very nice that you fell into that trap because since yesterday I am discussing the problem again with DWD (I did it already several times).
The problem is that you want to (over)write restart files which already exist in your restart directory.
This fails since the status of such a file in the corresponding open-statement (in io_utilities.f90) is NEW .

To my opinion this is unlucky, but COSMO don’t want to change it from NEW to, for example, UNKNOWN .

So, what can you do?
1. delete the already existing restart files in your restart directory

or, if you want to keep these restart files

2. create a new restart directory and write into this new dir.

Hans-Juergen