ECMWF analysis with 2.00 version error but 1.10 works – in #10: INT2LM

in #10: INT2LM

<p> Dear All, </p> <p> I want to report you a problem, which occured to me. <br/> I tried to preprocess <span class="caps"> ECMWF </span> analysis data (in netcdf format) with int2lm2.00_clm4, and got segmentation fault several times. <br/> It only run, when I decreased the gridsize, but then gave wrong values (see attached namelist, and netcdf file). <br/> I tried also the small and the bigger gridsizes with the older version, int2lm1.10_clm14, and it worked well. <br/> So something is probably wrong in the new version, I did not look into this deeper, but I thought somebody might want to. </p> <p> best regards, <br/> Fanni </p>

@fannidorakelemen in #24d12d3

<p> Dear All, </p> <p> I want to report you a problem, which occured to me. <br/> I tried to preprocess <span class="caps"> ECMWF </span> analysis data (in netcdf format) with int2lm2.00_clm4, and got segmentation fault several times. <br/> It only run, when I decreased the gridsize, but then gave wrong values (see attached namelist, and netcdf file). <br/> I tried also the small and the bigger gridsizes with the older version, int2lm1.10_clm14, and it worked well. <br/> So something is probably wrong in the new version, I did not look into this deeper, but I thought somebody might want to. </p> <p> best regards, <br/> Fanni </p>

ECMWF analysis with 2.00 version error but 1.10 works

Dear All,

I want to report you a problem, which occured to me.
I tried to preprocess ECMWF analysis data (in netcdf format) with int2lm2.00_clm4, and got segmentation fault several times.
It only run, when I decreased the gridsize, but then gave wrong values (see attached namelist, and netcdf file).
I tried also the small and the bigger gridsizes with the older version, int2lm1.10_clm14, and it worked well.
So something is probably wrong in the new version, I did not look into this deeper, but I thought somebody might want to.

best regards,
Fanni

View in channel
<p> Maybe something went wrong in creating the cas-files? Do you have an example, e.g. cas2014060900.nc that you can upload? </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #17ee130

<p> Maybe something went wrong in creating the cas-files? Do you have an example, e.g. cas2014060900.nc that you can upload? </p>

Maybe something went wrong in creating the cas-files? Do you have an example, e.g. cas2014060900.nc that you can upload?

<p> Can be, but they worked well with the older version. <br/> The files are too big to upload but I think you can read them on mistral, in: <br/> /work/bb0105/fkelemen/2014_Pentecost/data/ecmwf/v1_015/ </p>

@fannidorakelemen in #245a9d1

<p> Can be, but they worked well with the older version. <br/> The files are too big to upload but I think you can read them on mistral, in: <br/> /work/bb0105/fkelemen/2014_Pentecost/data/ecmwf/v1_015/ </p>

Can be, but they worked well with the older version.
The files are too big to upload but I think you can read them on mistral, in:
/work/bb0105/fkelemen/2014_Pentecost/data/ecmwf/v1_015/

<p> Your cas-files have 137 levels. In the lately introduced subroutine <code> vgrid_refatm_utils.f90 </code> it reads <br/> <pre> khmax = 96 ! max. number of vertical coordinate parameters </pre> <br/> please change this to <br/> <pre> khmax = 140 ! max. number of vertical coordinate parameters </pre> <br/> recompile int2lm and try again. </p>

@burkhardtrockel in #ba489c9

<p> Your cas-files have 137 levels. In the lately introduced subroutine <code> vgrid_refatm_utils.f90 </code> it reads <br/> <pre> khmax = 96 ! max. number of vertical coordinate parameters </pre> <br/> please change this to <br/> <pre> khmax = 140 ! max. number of vertical coordinate parameters </pre> <br/> recompile int2lm and try again. </p>

Your cas-files have 137 levels. In the lately introduced subroutine vgrid_refatm_utils.f90 it reads

khmax = 96          ! max. number of vertical coordinate parameters

please change this to
    khmax = 140          ! max. number of vertical coordinate parameters

recompile int2lm and try again.

<p> Thank you for the advice, it worked well with the changed khmax! </p>

@fannidorakelemen in #13caa05

<p> Thank you for the advice, it worked well with the changed khmax! </p>

Thank you for the advice, it worked well with the changed khmax!