Cutting Input files – in #10: INT2LM

in #10: INT2LM

<p> Dear Giora, </p> <p> no, to my knowledge there are no “cutted” <span class="caps"> ERA </span> , <span class="caps"> ERA </span> -Int or <span class="caps"> ECHAM </span> -6 files available, only files with global data. </p> <p> <span class="caps"> ERA </span> and <span class="caps"> ERA </span> -Int are available from <br/> /pool/data/CCLM/reanalyses <br/> on <span class="caps"> BLIZZARD </span> , which you can copy if you are a member of group “ecrana”. <br/> Burkhardt might tell you more details. </p> <p> <span class="caps"> ECHAM </span> -6 (=MPI- <span class="caps"> ESM </span> -LR) data is a little bit more complicate. <br/> They are open for all <span class="caps"> CLM </span> -Community members but they have been archived in the <span class="caps"> HPSS </span> system at <span class="caps"> DKRZ </span> . <br/> Thus, they have to be restored first and then they can be copied. <br/> For the historical period (1949 – 2005), 2 realizations (r1 and r2) of <span class="caps"> MPI </span> - <span class="caps"> ESM </span> -LR data are available. <br/> RCP scenarios, period 2006-2100 <br/> RCP2.6: 2 realizations, r1 and r2 <br/> RCP4.5: 2 realizations, r1 and r2 <br/> RCP8.5: 2 realizations, r1 and r2 </p> <p> Anyway, you need an account at <span class="caps"> DKRZ </span> . </p> <p> Yes, INT2LM is able to treat such regionally cutted files. Such cutted files should get “cas” as the “header” of the file name, instead of “caf” for the global files. <br/> Example: cas1990010100.nc for the 1st of Jan, 1990, 00:00 o’clock </p> <p> I would use “cdo sellonlatbox” or a corresponding “nco” command ( I am not so familiar with <span class="caps"> NCO </span> s, perhaps Burkhardt can help again) for cutting. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

@hans-jürgenpanitz in #0077281

<p> Dear Giora, </p> <p> no, to my knowledge there are no “cutted” <span class="caps"> ERA </span> , <span class="caps"> ERA </span> -Int or <span class="caps"> ECHAM </span> -6 files available, only files with global data. </p> <p> <span class="caps"> ERA </span> and <span class="caps"> ERA </span> -Int are available from <br/> /pool/data/CCLM/reanalyses <br/> on <span class="caps"> BLIZZARD </span> , which you can copy if you are a member of group “ecrana”. <br/> Burkhardt might tell you more details. </p> <p> <span class="caps"> ECHAM </span> -6 (=MPI- <span class="caps"> ESM </span> -LR) data is a little bit more complicate. <br/> They are open for all <span class="caps"> CLM </span> -Community members but they have been archived in the <span class="caps"> HPSS </span> system at <span class="caps"> DKRZ </span> . <br/> Thus, they have to be restored first and then they can be copied. <br/> For the historical period (1949 – 2005), 2 realizations (r1 and r2) of <span class="caps"> MPI </span> - <span class="caps"> ESM </span> -LR data are available. <br/> RCP scenarios, period 2006-2100 <br/> RCP2.6: 2 realizations, r1 and r2 <br/> RCP4.5: 2 realizations, r1 and r2 <br/> RCP8.5: 2 realizations, r1 and r2 </p> <p> Anyway, you need an account at <span class="caps"> DKRZ </span> . </p> <p> Yes, INT2LM is able to treat such regionally cutted files. Such cutted files should get “cas” as the “header” of the file name, instead of “caf” for the global files. <br/> Example: cas1990010100.nc for the 1st of Jan, 1990, 00:00 o’clock </p> <p> I would use “cdo sellonlatbox” or a corresponding “nco” command ( I am not so familiar with <span class="caps"> NCO </span> s, perhaps Burkhardt can help again) for cutting. </p> <p> Hans-Juergen </p>

Dear Giora,

no, to my knowledge there are no “cutted” ERA , ERA -Int or ECHAM -6 files available, only files with global data.

ERA and ERA -Int are available from
/pool/data/CCLM/reanalyses
on BLIZZARD , which you can copy if you are a member of group “ecrana”.
Burkhardt might tell you more details.

ECHAM -6 (=MPI- ESM -LR) data is a little bit more complicate.
They are open for all CLM -Community members but they have been archived in the HPSS system at DKRZ .
Thus, they have to be restored first and then they can be copied.
For the historical period (1949 – 2005), 2 realizations (r1 and r2) of MPI - ESM -LR data are available.
RCP scenarios, period 2006-2100
RCP2.6: 2 realizations, r1 and r2
RCP4.5: 2 realizations, r1 and r2
RCP8.5: 2 realizations, r1 and r2

Anyway, you need an account at DKRZ .

Yes, INT2LM is able to treat such regionally cutted files. Such cutted files should get “cas” as the “header” of the file name, instead of “caf” for the global files.
Example: cas1990010100.nc for the 1st of Jan, 1990, 00:00 o’clock

I would use “cdo sellonlatbox” or a corresponding “nco” command ( I am not so familiar with NCO s, perhaps Burkhardt can help again) for cutting.

Hans-Juergen