large differences in version INT2LM_2.00_clm4 und INT2LM_2.05_clm2 – in #10: INT2LM

in #10: INT2LM

<p> Hi Daniel, </p> <p> I have seen these comments, and already did an additional test setting: <br/> &gt; itype_balance_pp=1, itype_profiles_vert_interp=1, lmultlay_deepsoil_clim_hcorr=.FALSE., <br/> which means using the old defaults methods. (in the old version I had lbalance_pp=T, which is also hard-coded in the new version). <br/> But the differences are in the same order of magnitude, even between the two INT2LM_2.05_clm2 runs with the two different namelist settings. </p> <p> I started with the configuration of the <span class="caps"> CORDEX </span> - <span class="caps"> FPS </span> -Convection simulations, which used INT2LM_2.00_clm4. I attach the settings. For INT2LM_2.05_clm2 I just deleted lbalance_pp (and then changed the 3 namelist parameters in the sensitivity test mentioned above), but maybe other settings would be necessary to adapt? </p> <p> Best wishes, <br/> Susanne </p>

@susannebrienen in #7285e35

<p> Hi Daniel, </p> <p> I have seen these comments, and already did an additional test setting: <br/> &gt; itype_balance_pp=1, itype_profiles_vert_interp=1, lmultlay_deepsoil_clim_hcorr=.FALSE., <br/> which means using the old defaults methods. (in the old version I had lbalance_pp=T, which is also hard-coded in the new version). <br/> But the differences are in the same order of magnitude, even between the two INT2LM_2.05_clm2 runs with the two different namelist settings. </p> <p> I started with the configuration of the <span class="caps"> CORDEX </span> - <span class="caps"> FPS </span> -Convection simulations, which used INT2LM_2.00_clm4. I attach the settings. For INT2LM_2.05_clm2 I just deleted lbalance_pp (and then changed the 3 namelist parameters in the sensitivity test mentioned above), but maybe other settings would be necessary to adapt? </p> <p> Best wishes, <br/> Susanne </p>

Hi Daniel,

I have seen these comments, and already did an additional test setting:
> itype_balance_pp=1, itype_profiles_vert_interp=1, lmultlay_deepsoil_clim_hcorr=.FALSE.,
which means using the old defaults methods. (in the old version I had lbalance_pp=T, which is also hard-coded in the new version).
But the differences are in the same order of magnitude, even between the two INT2LM_2.05_clm2 runs with the two different namelist settings.

I started with the configuration of the CORDEX - FPS -Convection simulations, which used INT2LM_2.00_clm4. I attach the settings. For INT2LM_2.05_clm2 I just deleted lbalance_pp (and then changed the 3 namelist parameters in the sensitivity test mentioned above), but maybe other settings would be necessary to adapt?

Best wishes,
Susanne